Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I consider my P3AT a last resort gun. I carry it when I can not carry my G19 or my G36. or I use it as a back up. Now I consider this a gun that I will just pull and stick into the gut and unload my mag. Has anyone test fired up close with balistic gel or something similar to see how it acts?

·
Administrator
32,240 Posts
I think most people doing wet pack tests around here are shooting from very close up, if for no other reason, to carefully space the rounds into the wet pack. I think Packer shoots from no more than a couple of feet.

·
Registered
9,377 Posts
blackriflefever said:
Now I consider this a gun that I will just pull and stick into the gut and unload my mag.
Just don't "stick it" too hard.

If you push the slide back even a little, it won't fire.
But that's true of almost any semi-auto.

rcmodel

·
Banned
7,638 Posts
+1, What TX and rc said!

The round will NEVER have higher velocity than when exiting the barrel. Any greater distance than that and the round is slowing down.

Even a SLIGHT velocity decrease matters with hollow point expansion in a super-short-barrel P3AT. This is definitely not a 25 yard shooter.

Ten yards or less is good. Five yards or less is ideal.

Packer.

·
Registered
611 Posts
Fifteen feet with FMJ, as I've read stories where even the vaunted Cor-Bon has failed to penetrate multiple layers of clothing - ie Levi jackets, leather jackets, hoodies, etc.
And I've had FTFs with hollow points of all species, even with Speer Gold Dots, even after throat polishings.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.