Has anyone else made this dumb mistake to customer service?

Discussion in 'P-32' started by Tex Ohfive, Mar 12, 2020.

1. Tex Ohfive

Tex Ohfive Well-Known Member

Feb 22, 2020
    Wyoming
    Called Service dept about my malfunctioning p32 I bought new 12/11/1999. I was so very careful about getting my Repair note just right, the bubble wrap perfect, the shipping box taped up securely, etc. I took package to UPS and had it shiped back to kel-Tec. That same night, I was getting ready to go to bed and noticed MY COPY OF MY ORIGINAL RECEIPT WAS STILL SITTING ON THE COPIER! I neglected to include it in the package! About 30 minutes later (12:00 midnight) I looked up my tracking number and discovered the package was already enroute and about 120 miles from my city. I called Kel-Tec service dept next morning and the guy told me to relax. He said when they receive my p32 (without the copy of the receipt) they would give me a call and then I could email them a copy of my receipt and all would be well. Thank goodness! I bought that P32 12/11/1999 and still have that receipt, original box, little blue zipper case, and all the printed info that came with it. Do you think Kel-Tec will replace that old Gen1 with a new Gen2? Has anyone else neglected to leave out some item when shipping a firearm back for repairs?

2. Bear Claw

Bear Claw Well-Known Member

Nov 23, 2017
    Guilty, but I've caught it before shipping, just had to cut enough tape to sneak it into the box.

You're probably getting a new Gen 2 returned to you.

3. mark40

mark40 Well-Known Member Supporter

Somewhat related: Last week I was shipping some items to Numrich Gun Parts. After paying for the parcel, retuned to my car only to remember I should have included the receipt for postage in the box, because Numrich will pay for the shipping if receipt is included. Went back inside and the clerk was nice enough to hand the package back to me so I could "cut enough tape to sneak it into the box" as Bear Claw did.

Hope you get your P32 back good as new or maybe even a Gen.2

Tex Ohfive likes this.
  4. TxCajun

TxCajun Administrator Staff Member Administrator Moderator Supporter

Sep 7, 2004
    Texas
    Just curious, what was wrong with your 1st gen P32?

5. Tex Ohfive

Feb 22, 2020
    Wyoming
    I took the P32 to the range this last weekend and had FTE every 3 to 4 rounds. The empty cases would always be half out of the chamber. I had had FTF every 3 to 4 rounds with the rounds generally still in place in the magazines - not even close to the feed ramp. This FTF happened regardless of magazine or position in the magazine. I was using new Winchester 71 gr fmj and new Fiocchi 73 gr fmj. Also, I have always had EXTREME difficulty inserting and extracting the magazines from the frame. I bought this gun new on 12/11/1999 (serial # 052XX) and had these exact same problems when I bought it. That's why I set it aside for 20 years before trying it again. The gun was thoroughly clean, the extractor looks pristine, and a fluff and buff had been performed.

As an aside I also took my P11 on the same range session. I bought it new on 1-11-1997 and it has never once had a failure of any kind.

6. linux_author

linux_author Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2018
    Gulf of Mexico
    i have a story to beat this... it was the early 80s and i bought an Iver Johnson Pony (ahead of its time as it was '1911' 380)... i had to send it back to the factory for feed issues (didn't know that it worked best with FMJ)... so i boxed it up, went to the post office and mailed it...

then discovered i had mailed my signed acknowledgement copy of my divorce agreement along with the pistol (don't ask me how this happened)...

in a kind of panic, i called the factory and got this very nice gal (IJ was in Arksansas at the time) who had a good laugh when i told her what i did... she promised to send the paperwork back to me... and she did...

never made that mistake again... from then on the next three times i used a courier service...

:)

willie
    on the Gulf of Mexico

Slick32, Tex Ohfive, mtn_chef and 2 others like this.
  7. Ironhorse

Ironhorse Member

Mar 24, 2020
    I have a P-32 that during reassembly the guide spring assy slipped and now it is jammed open with the slid back. Tried using a flat blade screwdriver down the clip throat to push the spring assy back into position, but no luck.
    Any suggestions, or does this need to go to KelTec ?

8. cc-hangfire

cc-hangfire Active Member

May 21, 2013
    If it were me (& once I bought a P3AT with a jammed slide for cheap, and this worked for me), I’d remove the frame from the grip so I could get access to the internal parts more easily. Search YouTube for guidance; you’ll be releasing the hammer spring base plug from the bottom of the grip, tapping out two frame pins and the take down pin (assuming that you can) and lifting the frame & slide out of the grip. Take care with the spring that secures the take down pin; it’ll get away from you if you don’t keep a finger over that spot as you lift out the frame.

(I’ve done some disassemblies with the gun and both hands inside a large plastic bag to keep any springs and parts from getting away.)

It’s not a guarantee that you’ll be able to get to the jammed parts but you’ll have much better access.

9. Ironhorse

Ironhorse Member

Mar 24, 2020
    On this gun once the slid is jammed there is nothing to remove other than the clip. The frame and handle/grip are one solid piece. Anyway I managed to reach down the clip opening and pull the guide and springs out with hemostats. Bent the guide a little but able to straighten it out ok. Little more careful on re-assembly and all is good now.

10. Tex Ohfive

Feb 22, 2020
    Wyoming
    Update!

Received my P32 today back from Customer Service! Good as new (really, even better than new!). I can't say enough good things about the customer service, except:

Great Customer Service!
    Great products!
    Great company!

I have been a customer of KelTec since 1997 and will remain one!

:ty:

mark40 likes this.