Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is a hardcase I finished that the S2K fits nicely, the pull n pluck foam makes it easy to form to weapon or accessories of choice. Once the foam is in the correct form I use 3M foam spray on bottom of the foam and then press it on the bottom layer, let dry for 24hrs. It prevents the top layer of foam from moving when taking out your items. 4800 Weatherproof Protective Case, X-Large, Black

·
Administrator
32,080 Posts
Nicely done.

·
Registered
803 Posts
Those Apache/ Harbor Freight cases are a good deal. Not quite as good as the Pelican but unless you plan on running it over with a deuce and a half or storing it 100’ deep in seawater the Apache does fine....at less than half the money.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Those Apache/ Harbor Freight cases are a good deal. Not quite as good as the Pelican but unless you plan on running it over with a deuce and a half or storing it 100’ deep in seawater the Apache does fine....at less than half the money.
It does work quite well. I'm getting ready to make another for 3 of my pistols

·
Registered
35 Posts
Nice, but a bit of overkill. I've been using a slightly modified standard hard-sided briefcase for many years with my gen 1 S2K. You can carry the briefcase anywhere without arousing undue curiosity. OK, it's not waterproof and doesn't float, but that has never been an issue in the years of use I have.
You can find the briefcases second hand for cheap. Get some foam from the local arts and crafts store (I prefer Hobby Lobby) and trim it with an electric knife to fit. A little glue or double-sided tape to hold the foam in place completes the list.
Plus, it doesn't scream "SOMETHING VALUABLE IS INSIDE!!!" like a Pelican-type case does.

·
Registered
35 Posts
One more thing or 2. I prefer a briefcase with the 3-digit combination lock rather than key. The briefcase can ride on the passenger seat unlocked with your S2K inside. If you are stopped by a cop, it's quick and easy to reach over, latch the briefcase shut, and lock it with a quick, unseen spin of the dials. When the officer looks inside, there's a locked briefcase on the seat. As a white collar worker wearing a tie (or not) with a sports jacket or suit on me or hanging on the hook in the back seat (warmer weather), there's nothing unusual to pique the cop's curiosity.
Finally, my favorite briefcase has a divider separating the interior into 2 unequal spaces. The larger space is set up with foam for the S2K and 2 spare magazines. The smaller space is empty or used for papers, a magazine to read, etc. The divider has holders for 2 pens as well as "pockets" for a paper pad, etc. So even if you open it, it looks like a briefcase with your work junk inside.
A decent quality briefcase treated well will last for many years. My current one (leather covered) has been in service over 15 years. I was an early adopter and find my Gen 1 S2K still fills the bill, especially after I added a small rail (offset on the right) to the forend for a Burris FastFire III..

·
Registered
31 Posts
Whilst we're on the subject of hard cases...way back, I was fortunate to work for a week with a guy who was one of Canada's greatest commercial photographers. As we travelled around getting photos for a forest company's annual report...I noticed that he had "University of Toronto Forensic Science Dept.-Tissue Samples" stencilled on all the road cases for his gear. He laughed and said it was the best way to deflect the attention of all the thieves out there....

1 - 20 of 22 Posts