Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been trying to get a hard chrome slide for about a month now off of kel-tec's web site and they never have them available. Is there a reason or do i just have to wait?

The reason I want a hard chrome slide is because I seen a hard chrome and a tan grip pf-9 on this site and that is what I want my pf-9 to look like,

·
Premium Member
15,000 Posts
I believe Kel Tec has stopped offering hard chrome as an option. They've switched to nickel boron instead.

·
Registered
4,318 Posts
Kel Tec discontinued the Hard Chrome option some time ago, though they have not removed the slide from the web site. They are using a Nickel Boron finish now which looks a bit like hard chrome, but is not. Apparently chrome is harder now to do, and more expensive as well as less environmentally friendly, so discontinued.

Beat me to it Haug. Had to look something up.

·
Registered
4,827 Posts
I'm sure you can find someone to chrome the slide you already have, it would probably be cheaper too.
Ditto. Shop online and look for references. Should be way cheaper to chrome yours, and shipping will not be a probem for just the slide. Ship as mechanical parts and insure for retail value. We used to have a member here that did plating, but he is no longer with us.

·
Registered
4,827 Posts
APW Cogan has done the chroming for Kel Tec for years.
I had forgotten that. I believe you've posted that before. Perfect solution. Factory duplicate result, less money, and no waste of the existing slide. I call that a win.

·
Registered
404 Posts
FYI don't count a nickel boron version (NIB) out. If your not familar with the properties of NIB google it.

I have a Glock 23 and several AR15 bolt carriers in NIB . Its corrosion resistant and makes cleanup a breeze. If you run across a good deal on a boron'ed PF9 consider it.

·
Registered
139 Posts
I'm going a tan frame and going to cerakote the slide & barrel a "hard chrome" similar color. I think the op and I happen to want to match the look of the same "tan" pf9.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I liked the green frame/chrome combo myself, but it wasn't available when I bought mine. In fact, chrome wasn't available at all, so I bought it blued, ran 200 rounds through it to make sure it was going to work alright, and sent it off to Mahovsky's Metalife in PA. I was happy with their work and their price, but communication is a little lacking.

This was the 3rd gun (blued Taurus 1911 and Kel-Tec P3AT were the others) I've had done and been happy with them all. They all have functioned just as well afterwards.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.