Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I currently have a P3AT and I love the little bugger, I am considering the purchase of a "Hard Chrome" model to help with rust issues. Any input would be helpful. I have found one new for $260 and I believe that to be a good price.

·
Premium Member
1,830 Posts
Hard chrome will be best for rust prevention, but it won't be totally free from all possible rust. Still keep it as clean and moisture free as possible.

$260 for a new HC is a very good price - especially these days!

Bobo

·
Registered
1,553 Posts
Hard chrome will be best for rust prevention, but it won't be totally free from all possible rust. Still keep it as clean and moisture free as possible.
This is absolutely right hard chrome, and nickle plating greatly reduce the need to oil to prevent rust, but do not eliminate it. I've seen plated guns left alone rust when exposed to moisture for long periods without oiling occasionally.

Good Luck!

·
Registered
898 Posts
Yes, that is a good price.

If I didn't already have two (one is a HC/Gray) I would snag it. Use the one you've aready got for mostly practice and the HC for mostly carry. That's what I do with my two P3ATs.

Take care...

·
Registered
107 Posts
That is a great price for an HC P3AT. I paid over $300 for mine last October before the election frenzy hit. I've been carrying mine daily, usually in my rear pocket with a Desantis Nemesis holster, and bought the HC for this reason. I think it would take a lot to make this HC finish rust. I read a test I think here a while back where a HC slide was submerged for a week or more in water and it didn't rust one bit.

·
Administrator
32,172 Posts
If you found a NIB, HC P3AT for $260, go there and buy it now. Most are closer to $300 these days.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts