Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I been away from this site for a few years and have not kept up with KT policies.  I remember several years age KT had a hard chrome upgrade for a very good price.  I actually had a earilier P-32 that I did the upgrade on.  I happened to be traveling through Cocoa Beach, stop in and got the hard chrome upgrade and KT swapped out my green grip with a black grip for free.  Great service.  
Is KT still doing the upgrade and it so, how much is the upgrade.  I have a parkerized slide, and  plan on seeing  how it holds up.  Just want to know what my options are if needed.  Thanks,  

·
Administrator
32,094 Posts
The days of the $20 hard chrome upgrade are years long gone.  The last few people I saw that did that paid $75.  These days, if you want a hard chrome gun, it is much cheaper to buy one in the first place.  Hopefully, your parkerized gun will serve you well - it should.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the reply. I thought it would have past by now. I'm very happy with the parkerized. The finish should last for years if taken care of, which I do.

·
Registered
5,596 Posts
I paid $99 for my HC slide back in 07. It's worth it though.

·
Premium Member
15,000 Posts
iaminsider said:
Any one have experience with the nickle plating?  How durable is it?
I had my PF9 nickel plated by Jack Fuselier around 2 years ago. Still looks like new and I carry it pretty much daily.

Cost is $35 and turn around is less than 2 weeks usually.

http://www.gunsmith.fuselier.com/slideoffer.html

Hard chrome 1st gen P32---PF9 Nickel---P3AT Nickel

1 - 13 of 13 Posts