Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Are the HC slide available for purchase direct from keltec????????? I know a long time ago they used to do the upgrades, thought someone on here would probably know.

·
Administrator
32,112 Posts
I'm sure, if they are in stock, KT parts dept would sell you one outright.  The parts list I have (a couple years old) shows $110 for a chromed P3AT slide.  I have heard of them doing upgrades (swap blued for chrome) for $75 although it may depend upon availability at any given time.  You'd have to check with customer svc.

·
Registered
75 Posts
and is the HC the "matte" finish or is it polished? seems like for the money they'd go ahead and polish it...

doesn't seem like they'd replace the barrel unless it was gonna be the polished...

·
Administrator
32,112 Posts
KT hard chrome is a matt finish. It is not shiny like a chromed bumper or something. It is aesthetically pleasing but it's greatest benefit is resistance to corrosion. Some also think it is a slicker finish that runs better due to less friction.

I don't know if that $75 hard chrome upgrade includes the barrels or not. You'd need to call KT.

·
Registered
2 Posts
For $75.00 you could have Ron Mahovsky do his "metalife" hard chrome. I am going to send him my slide and barrel. Ron has been doing this for about 30 years and I've had several guns done by him.

Just Google metalife for his website.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts