hard chrome slide availability

Discussion in 'P-3AT' started by morganfd9, Jul 3, 2009.

1. morganfd9

morganfd9 Guest

Are the HC slide available for purchase direct from keltec????????? I know a long time ago they used to do the upgrades, thought someone on here would probably know.

2. TxCajun

TxCajun Administrator Staff Member Supporter

Sep 7, 2004
    Texas
    I'm sure, if they are in stock, KT parts dept would sell you one outright.  The parts list I have (a couple years old) shows $110 for a chromed P3AT slide.  I have heard of them doing upgrades (swap blued for chrome) for $75 although it may depend upon availability at any given time.  You'd have to check with customer svc.

3. GatorKountry

GatorKountry New Member

Jun 12, 2009
    Do you get a hard chrome barrel with the slide also?

4. p3atnewb

p3atnewb New Member

May 25, 2009
    and is the HC the "matte" finish or is it polished? seems like for the money they'd go ahead and polish it...

doesn't seem like they'd replace the barrel unless it was gonna be the polished...

5. TxCajun

TxCajun Administrator Staff Member Supporter

Sep 7, 2004
    Texas
    KT hard chrome is a matt finish. It is not shiny like a chromed bumper or something. It is aesthetically pleasing but it's greatest benefit is resistance to corrosion. Some also think it is a slicker finish that runs better due to less friction.

I don't know if that $75 hard chrome upgrade includes the barrels or not. You'd need to call KT.

6. K9-Bob

K9-Bob New Member

Feb 2, 2009
    For $75.00 you could have Ron Mahovsky do his "metalife" hard chrome. I am going to send him my slide and barrel. Ron has been doing this for about 30 years and I've had several guns done by him.

Just Google metalife for his website.