Hard Chrome - Navy Grip

Discussion in 'P-3AT' started by TxCajun, Apr 26, 2008.

1. TxCajun

TxCajun Administrator Staff Member Supporter

Sep 7, 2004
    Texas
    Well, I wasn't looking for one, but a trio of these cornered me at the gunshow today and forced me to take one home.  I guess it was about time I upgraded to the 2nd gen.   ;D

[​IMG]

This makes the 4th handgun I've bought since I've been to the range.  Guess I'll be heading there tomorrow.  Range report to follow.

P.S.  Also picked up an Iver Johnson TP 22:
    http://www.ktog.org/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1209265186

The other two newcomers that I need to shoot are a Grendel P10 and a Charter Arms Undercover.   :-[

Hmm.. 2 pistols and a few hundred rounds of ammo. I think I spent my tax rebate, and then some... in advance. Ah well, both guns are American made. So was most the ammo except for some S&B. How's that for economic stimulus. [smiley=happy.gif]

2. adamsesq

adamsesq New Member

Dec 25, 2006
    You are my hero Tx. I sell all my guns and you start collecting 'em!!! ;)

-Scott

3. TxCajun

Sep 7, 2004
    Texas
    Well, since you sold all of your guns, how about cutting me a deal on your new safe... assuming you deliver. [smiley=laugh.gif]

4. adamsesq

adamsesq New Member

Dec 25, 2006
    The workmanship on the new one sucks compared to the old one. Smoke infested and electronic lock questionable notwithstanding I like the old one better. It's still sitting on a pallet waiting to be picked up. If they don't come get the old one soon (this week?) it will be lost in the move back I am sure. They were supposed to send a "call tag" to the shipping company several weeks ago.

I'd UPS it to you but I don't think it will fit on my scale so I can get a weight to pre-print the label ;D

-Scott

5. gatorhugger

gatorhugger Banned

Jan 19, 2008
    Those little hard chromes are sweet. Wish I wouldn't have sold mine. Now I got the nicket which isnt the same.
    What's with the hard case? No more cardboard boxes?

6. torrent

torrent New Member

Dec 18, 2006
    Good lookin' little gun you got there Tx. I always thought that the navy grips really stand out on any pistol. Four new mouseguns huh? You and Wilson having some sort of a competition we don't know about?

7. sprinter1

sprinter1 New Member

Jan 1, 2006
    The workmanship on the new one sucks compared to the old one. Smoke infested and electronic lock questionable notwithstanding I like the old one better. It's still sitting on a pallet waiting to be picked up. If they don't come get the old one soon (this week?) it will be lost in the move back I am sure. They were supposed to send a "call tag" to the shipping company several weeks ago.

I'd UPS it to you but I don't think it will fit on my scale so I can get a weight to pre-print the label ;D

-Scott[/quote]

Scott,

You may be interested in my new line of gun safes.

They are cheap and not that expensive to ship. It consists of a qt. of motor oil, an old boot sock and a 5 gal plastic painters can with lid. The deluxe model adds a roll of duct tape. You insert the gun in the boot sock and soak it will motor oil and insert it into the painters can and snap on the lid. If you want the deluxe model, you add duct tape to seal the lid on the painters can. The only thing you supply is a shovel to dig the hole in your back yard to bury the can. I'm still working on a model for apartment dwellers.

;D :D :eek: ::) :-* :eek: ;D

8. sprinter1

sprinter1 New Member

Jan 1, 2006
    Dale,

That is a sweet looking P3-AT. You of all people should know better than to approach a table with more than a couple of Kel-Tecs on it, they will over power you every time ;D

9. adamky

adamky New Member

Apr 14, 2006
    Louisville, KY
  10. theheater905

theheater905 New Member

Feb 8, 2008
    TX,
    You should know by now that Resistance is Futile.

11. I'm stimulated! :D

12. TxCajun

Sep 7, 2004
    Texas
  13. Curt32

Curt32 New Member

Feb 24, 2007

You can thank Ruger for the new cases I believe, Keltec just has to compete a little now where as before they had the whole market to themselves. Think I'll pick up one!

Tom j.

14. adamsesq

adamsesq New Member

Dec 25, 2006

You can thank Ruger for the new cases I believe, Keltec just has to compete a little now where as before they had the whole market to themselves. Think I'll pick up one!

Tom j.[/quote]

Tom, you know not of what you speak. You can thank the all mighty dollar for the plastic case. It is actually cheaper than buying and the labor to fold the card board boxes. This came out (was announced here anyway) well before the LCP3AT was released.

-Scott

15. TxCajun

Sep 7, 2004
    Texas
    As so often is the case, Scott is correct on all counts. ;)

16. engineer88

engineer88 New Member

Nov 26, 2007
    You guys with all these drop dead gorgeous chrome/navies are making me jealous! I am definitely wanting one!!

17. TxCajun

Sep 7, 2004
    Texas
    This past week, my son and I made it out to the range, so I had some help running some more rounds through this baby.  50 rounds of Magtech and 50 rounds of Aguila, both FMJ and 14 rounds of Corbon DPX.  I declare this P3AT to be officially broken in.  I think the total round count is right about 264 and all have been perfect.  I do believe I prefer the 1st gen sites (such as they are).  Other that that... Ho hum...  Another boring range report.   :cool:

We did take a few photos but none of this gun, so this old one will have to do.

[​IMG]

18. powwowell

powwowell New Member

Apr 15, 2007
    Hello TxCajun,

You've picked up exactly what I want. At least one of two that I want. I also want a PF9.

On two occasions I've come very close to buying an LCP. I have talked myself out of it both times. The Navy grip, chromed slide of your 3AT is the most attractive variant of the 3AT there is, in MHO. I haven't been able to find one in eastern NC. If I did, do you think $300 might get it? Should I be prepared to pay more?

Larry

19. TxCajun

Sep 7, 2004
    Texas
    $300 should cover it.

Try these guys SE of Houston.  If they have one, they'll ship to your FFL. I've bought several guns from them at the local gunshows. Nice folks. :cool:

http://www.ajcsportshop.com/

20. twyacht

twyacht New Member

May 19, 2008
    Hello powwowell, I am from Wilmington, NC and had to goto GunsAmerica.com to order one through my local gunstore ($25 transfer fee), but picked up the Navy P3. Its awesome. If you go that route call the outlet, I used dealer in Houston, TX, sent 2 day FedEx ground. Couldn't get one here also, just another option.
    [​IMG]

and yes, IMHO I think the Navy is the best combo. especially with +1 grip ext. ;D