Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
946 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ordered a hard chrome about a month ago and was told it would be a couple of days.  After about 2 weeks, they finally got one in that was blue.  I could not wait anymore so bought the blue.  

Mailed it off to Jack F. to get it hard chromed.  Well, little over a week ago, they got in the original one I ordered.  I walked out the store and got half way home and was kicking myself for not buying it.

Long story short, I went in yesterday during my lunch break to get some other trinkets I ordered and it was still there.  I walked out with a new hc .380 in my pocket.  I guess my rationale is that I now have two, just incase I need some spare parts.  Here are some pics of my impulse buy.

·
Registered
2,818 Posts
HC is hard to resist. I had no intention on buying a 2nd P3AT till I walked in the store and there was a HC model in the case. I didn't have as much willpower as you though. It left the store that day with me. ;)

·
Administrator
32,240 Posts
Nice pics.... FWIW, you can go about twice that size.

·
Registered
3,755 Posts
Dan-O said:
Will also take some pics and post after a couple hundred rounds as requested.
Each and every Kel-Tec pistol, by design will permit the barrel to drag on the slide. I usually polish the portion of the barrel exposed through the breach to a mirror shine when I’m tired of looking at the drag marks. I may then need to apply a thin film of oil more frequently but when my pistols look better, I feel better :)

Wilson – who’s never buying another Parkerized Kel-Tec because he can’t hide the drag marks adequately

·
Registered
946 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yeah, I am looking forward to getting it back and comparing it with the hard chrome. Will have to post some pics, it took me a few tries, but I think I have it down.

Anyhoot. Just got back from the range and I must say, it shot great. Actually had a few people around me admiring it and asking what kind of gun it was. There was a 20-something girl with her dad in the lane next to me, and she kept eyeing the gun. I let her shoot two mags at about 7 yds. and she loved it.

Can't wait to let the old lady crank out some rounds. She has really small hands and had a hard time racking it. I think she was just scared. Hopefully she will get over it.

·
Registered
3,755 Posts
Dan-O said:
She has really small hands and had a hard time racking it.
Put a finger extension on your extra magazine and she will find it not only easier to shoot but easier to hold while racking the slide :)

Wilson – who’s wondering of Dan-O took advantage of Jack’s $7.50 magazine plating offer

·
Banned
7,638 Posts
1. Did you set the photobucket "Max Image Size to Bulletin Board?
2. Did you re-upload the pics into photobucket and then delete the previous ones?
3. Did you delete the pics in this post and recopy them from the bulletin board sized ones from photobucket?

You have not done ONE of these steps. OR you deleted the "Bulletin Board" pics and not the too-large ones from photobucket.

Packer.

·
Premium Member
1,830 Posts
They're not too big on my monitor.

The largest ones (the first two) are 640 x 480 pixels, the last three are 320 x 240 pixels.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.