Happy Camper

Discussion in 'P-3AT' started by Jorge, Oct 6, 2007.

1. Jorge

Jorge New Member

Dec 10, 2005
    I haven't posted that much on this board but I am doing so today to say what a great resource this site is. First my mag catch on my second gen 3at was wearing out, by looking here I was able to see that two pistol packer was selling metal mag catchers. I ordered one and being mechanically inept, I tried to find a local gunsmith in Montgomery, AL to change it for me. NOT! Apparently there aren't any in business anymore. So I saw the two videos by jdbgmo showing the basic steps and whala I was able to change the mag catch myself. Works like a charm.

In addition, I was beginning to have extraction failures. A new extractor from Kel Tec and researching on this board how to replace it solved that problem. Needless to say, my firing pin shot across the room when I started to remove the button head screw but I found it and all went well. So all this to say that you guys willing to share your knowledge on this board allowed a mechanically inept person to tweak his 3at into a lean mean shooting machine. Thanks!! :)

2. TxCajun

TxCajun Administrator Staff Member Supporter

Sep 7, 2004
    Texas
    Happy camping. :cool:

3. BillK

BillK New Member

Jul 23, 2007
    I hear you! I first came here when I was trying to find out about my mag starting to drop every once in awhile. Now have a metal mag catch and that problem is resolved. Also, learned here about peening and sure enough discovered some peening on my gun. Got the nylon washers and put one on the gun to maybe slow down the peening until maybe getting a 2nd P3AT and then sending in the the slide of the first.

Take care and enjoy ...

4. wyo-man

wyo-man New Member

Nov 27, 2006
    Welcome. Glad that all is working out well for you.

wyo-man