Hang in there KTOGers!

Discussion in 'Feedback and Announcements' started by nmshooter, Jan 28, 2009.

1. nmshooter

nmshooter New Member

Jan 25, 2008
    test

TITLE and this post EDITED TO REFLECT REALITY.  ;D

This looks like a good spot for a PSA:-?

TxCajun

[edit]It was a disk space issue on the server. Everything should be available from backup. We might be back to normal tomorrow. [/edit]

2. CJP32

CJP32 Active Member

Jul 24, 2008
    Re: test

:-? this can't be good

CJ

3. 3wbdriver

3wbdriver Moderator Staff Member

Nov 2, 2005
    Louisiana

Backatcha!  And I have no idea what happened!   :eek: :-X :-/

4. princemorr

princemorr New Member

Jan 28, 2009

im shaking with cold sweats, i need my fix.

dan

5. carmike442

carmike442 New Member

Sep 14, 2004

oh no, not again :(

6. Rat76temporary

Rat76temporary New Member

Jan 28, 2009

And WHATEVER you do DON"T log out.  I thought I'd try that & see if it fixed the proplem.  Nope, all I accomplished is finding out I can't log back on.

The PM section appears to be working tho somewhat however.  The info is still there but I couldn't reply to a message.  I'm going to try sending one.

Well that didn't work. Only members listed are those who didn't log out & those of us that have reregistered.

7. 3wbdriver

3wbdriver Moderator Staff Member

Nov 2, 2005
    Louisiana

Well, all the members list seems to be intact.  But it will only give a full list if you use the date registered filter.  TxCajun won't even know about this until this evening.  And he'll have to hope for a quick response from the forum admin/owner.  So I guess we're stuck.

:-/

8. goodbrewing

goodbrewing New Member

Oct 2, 2008

I didn't log out but somehow I got the boot and now don't exist. Hope all can be recovered. Too much great Info to have to start over.

9. whycantilogin

whycantilogin New Member

Mar 16, 2008

Uh oh. Any chance there was a backup that can be used to restore the site?

10. zappa50

zappa50 New Member

Jan 15, 2007
    NIAGARA FALLS NY

:-/ wow im still alive have we been attacked hurry get out the zombie guns :eek:

11. sniper7369

sniper7369 New Member

Aug 25, 2008
    Williston, FL

Man, this sucks. :(

12. goodbrewing

goodbrewing New Member

Oct 2, 2008

Logged out than back in with this temp and worked fine but still can't log in with my origional. Doesn't look good.

13. CJP32

CJP32 Active Member

Jul 24, 2008

I just did a search and I was able to read old threads that way, so the informaton is still there. Hopefully they can get things back up.

CJ

14. goodbrewing

goodbrewing New Member

Oct 2, 2008

That's a good sign. Hope for the best.

15. nmshooter

nmshooter New Member

Jan 25, 2008

I guess I never logged out so I still have my screen name :cool:

Weird, hopefully TX and the whizzes can get this figured out. Can I be the first one to blame Obama for this? JK.

I was in this morning around 7 and went to post a reply and it wouldn't let me. After that I went back to the counter and at first only one thread had the original poster as not registered anymore.

I did some stuff, came back and refreshed and almost all posts had the same issue, original poster was not a member anymore and there was an error displaying the thread due to 'no text'.

I posted 'test' here and went to the counter, other guns, etc. and noticed there was nothing... :-?

16. CJP32

CJP32 Active Member

Jul 24, 2008

That's a good sign. Hope for the best. [/quote]

I did a search in the PF9 section and posted a reply under the search results and it looks like it brought the thread back up. Not sure what it means but you can now read that thread in the PF9 section.

CJ

17. goodbrewing

goodbrewing New Member

Oct 2, 2008

Starting to look better by the second.

18. nmshooter

nmshooter New Member

Jan 25, 2008

So maybe it makes sense that if someone, i.e. myself or CJP makes a comment to an exisiting thread it revives the thread since our accounts have not been logged out and erased/edited. I bet that has something to do with the threads disappearing.

19. zeke

zeke New Member

Dec 20, 2005

I tried sending an email to the Fourm Admin. Well just have to see how it works out.

20. adamsesq

adamsesq New Member

Dec 25, 2006

Just imagine if/when a government official notifies NSA to go and delete the databases of every gun board out there.  All of a sudden we are a bunch of individuals again and not a cohesive group.  Don't say it couldn't happen....  

Oops, sorry, forgot this is not the counter. ;)

I fully expect that when the database is restored from a backup all of the new threads since the crash will be gone but we will have our good ol ktog back!

-Scott