"Handguns" magazine 380 shootout

Discussion in 'P-3AT' started by forestranger, Oct 20, 2008.

1. forestranger

forestranger Well-Known Member

Jan 29, 2008
    NC
    Almost ashamed to admit but I still get a gun mag or two. "G&A"s Handguns" had an article this month comparing P3AT, LCP, Cobra Patriot, & NAA Guardian. The P3AT won.

2. c0wboi38

c0wboi38 New Member

Sep 19, 2006
    No surprise there at all.

Good to know KT still tops.

3. 99ncxj

99ncxj New Member

Aug 28, 2007
    wonder what made it beat the ruger, other than price. Its just about the same gun isn't it?

4. adamsesq

adamsesq New Member

Dec 25, 2006
    [​IMG]
    -Scott

5. jcp

jcp New Member

Apr 14, 2008
    [​IMG]
    -Scott
    [/quote]

X2. ;D

6. doubloon

doubloon New Member

Jan 5, 2008
    Houston-ish, TX
    [​IMG]Dang ... a baited hook in the water for near 9 hours now and not even a nibble ...  :-?

Everybody must be out early voting for Obama ...  ;)

7. I think maybe all of the fishies have had their fill of that bait!

Mitch- Who HAD a 3AT & the LCP but sold them Saturday at the garage sale.

8. Ape

Ape New Member

Jul 16, 2008
    Colorado
    LMAO Scott! But I'm not gonna bite either. ;-) Old and tired story. :-X

9. CCWMan

CCWMan New Member

Aug 5, 2005
    Thanks for letting us know about that, I'd like to see the article.

I saw an article - perhaps from the same publisher - where they said they voted for the P3 over the LCP 'cause the P3 has a better textured grip. It was pretty close and that was the deciding factor.

10. RAT76

RAT76 Well-Known Member

Aug 21, 2006
    Oklahoma
    I like my P3 grip. It stays in my hand.

11. Ka6otm

Ka6otm New Member

Sep 12, 2007
    They said that the P3AT won based on the following factors:

Accuracy
    Trigger Pull

However, they said that the LCP was a "close" second.

12. Ape

Ape New Member

Jul 16, 2008
    Colorado
    OK....too easy after that one! lol .............A close second is easy to come by when you copy the original! lmao sorry but it was too easy ;-) ;D

13. riverkeeper

riverkeeper New Member

Aug 30, 2006
    ''Accuracy
    Trigger Pull ''

I was amazed with the P3 ... after shooting mostly snub revolvers for SD it was a very pleasant surprise to easily and quickly make good target head shots at over 20 ft in addition to naturally pointing for point shooting.

Compared to revolvers where a strong smooth crisp pull is needed for SD shooting, the P3 is an easy sweetie.

I shot about a dozen thru a LCP in SD fashion which was not enough to evaluate.

14. Delcorbett

Delcorbett New Member

Oct 22, 2008

The guy who wrote the article said he was a kt owner for 2 years, so he was more familiar with it. He liked the fit and finish of the ruger more he went on to say and if it were today would get the ruger, but he liked the trigger on the kt more. was reading that article today. ps just joined forum, great stuff, thx ;D

15. twyacht

twyacht New Member

May 19, 2008
    G&A's review of .380's, guess which one's on top!

Picked up Guns & Ammo , Handguns, edition and noticed at the top was a .380 Shootout test. So being a P3AT and a Walther PPK/S owner, I had to see.

The author is Greg Rodriguez, and they selected a Cobra Patriot, NAA Guardian, the now recalled Ruger LCP, and my personally beloved P3AT. (wonder why not the Walther/S&W)?

Cut and dry, the 4 shooters shot them all and rated all of them. I know some articles in gun mags are fluff and hype, but all reviewers gave the Kel-Tec better marks for Accuracy, Reliability, Ergonomics, Trigger, Size/Weight.

Just thought I'd throw that out there if you come across the mag. somewhere, its a pretty good article.

As usual, there is a 1911 on the cover..... :p

16. JFB

JFB New Member

Jul 25, 2005
  17. tommyray

tommyray New Member

Sep 2, 2008
    And now Ruger has a safety recall for the LCP, because it can accidentally discharge when dropped.
    Think I'll keep my P3

18. forestranger

forestranger Well-Known Member

Jan 29, 2008
    NC
    Sorry folks. Forgot to check back. :-[ They compared P3at, lcp, NAA Guardian & Cobra Patriot and rated them in that order. Ka6otm gave reasons for P3at's higher rating.

19. TxCajun

TxCajun Administrator Staff Member Supporter

Sep 7, 2004
    Texas
    I'll splice this onto an existing thread.

Word of warning... because they paid more for Ruger's "improved version" some folks won't believe the review. Personally, I'm not at all surprised. :cool: