Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner
61 - 62 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #61 ·
where's the video?
Shoot/no shoot...that can be tough.
I believe anyone who carries guns should also have a less lethal option like mace or baton. Less lethal can take care of a threat before going to lethal, because many threats start progressively from unarmed intimidation to hostility to attack. If she shoots too soon, shes in trouble. It's that space of opportunity to fight with less lethal options if she can. Most bad shoots fall into this scenario.

I had a training scenario where I was in a room where s few unarmed (as of yet) people started getting aggressive and intimidating looking for a fight. They won't let me leave, and had the guy at the door had been in role, or a real person in a real situation, I would have fought him to let me out. But it was obvious they wanted me to stay in the scenario to fight these guys....I went around spraying them, then had to get them down and hook em up. The point is, and what they were trying to teach, was your gun doesn't always get you out of a bad situation. You have to use other options at your disposal before going to lethal.
I wouldn't be able to justify using lethal against a nonlethal threat. With one exception, presenting my gun to stop a threat is not lethal force until I pull the trigger. I didn't want to try that in my training because I knew what would happen, those guys would keep coming and try to get me to shoot, which wasn't a real gun anyway. But that will happen in real life, especially with a drunk. They will try to call your bluff.
Hell i even caught a guy rifling through my car after breaking into it. I had a gun, but I also had mace. He got away with some of my stuff, but he got a face full of foam he won't soon forget.
Working on down sized video to post. Hopefully she will never be in bad situation to need her firearm but will keep working with her and going over scenarios along with laws just in case. We will have a better chance of getting her out of jail than the grave. So I will do my very best to prepare her and pray for the best. THANKS

·
Premium Member
3,055 Posts
I think some hand to hand is great training too. A fight often goes to the ground so ground fighting "rolling" are skills to have.
She's got to be confident enough to put hands on someone, throw a jab, kick balls, gouge eyes, break a nose. Have a real Don't F With Me skill set and survival mindset.
What this contact training does is prepare her more for that encounter with the bad guy. She may not have to put hands on him, but mentality is more prepared, a lot of the fear is already worked out, which is a big advantage because an encounter with an assailant is hard to prepare for, the levels of shock and fear and adrenaline pump are off the charts. To be able to think and make a quick plan of action in the face of imminent harm is something only training can prepare you for. Threat level awareness needs to be up anywhere in public now. I bought a gun the other day and clerk said be aware of ppl following you to get a chance to steal it if you stop somewhere.

61 - 62 of 62 Posts