Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner

41 - 57 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
712 Posts
I guess I don't understand your point. The .32 H&R is almost a .327 Fed Mag'. The .327 will fire the .32 H&R. The additional ft/lbs are there if needed and when not needed can be ignored in a revolver. I don't remember all the cartridges the .327 Fed Mag will fire, but in addition to the .32 H&R mag I seem to remember 2 others. They'd have a long jump to the forcing cone but they'd fire. But I reload and I'd have used the longer mag' brass and a lesser load for the wife.

Yeah wadcutters as a defensive load are nothing to look down on. Not loaded backwards to get the huge HP, just loaded as if target shooting.

I just did a search on duck duck go for "wadcutters for self defense" and saw a bunch of info'. Much better than a .22.

·
Premium Member
2,681 Posts
I know about them, I didn't know they were available in .327. That would be awesome and possibly more penetrating than a JHP.
The only loads I have for. 32 are a box of Federal C32HRB .32 H&R Mag 85 Gr JHP. 235 Ft Lbs energy @ muzzle, 215 @ 25 yds.
@Blackkat according to ballisticsbytheinch, a .22LR out of a 1' barrel averages 860 fps. The highest muzzle energy you can get is around 165 Ft Lbs from a 2", if you do your shopping. Most are between 80-140 FtLbs.
Forget the jamming staple gun, please.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #43 (Edited)
Well I just could not wait and plus I just do not feel good about the Taurus pt 22lr after having all the feeding issues with it. Taurus is sending me a new replacement. That's fine and all but there is so much about the firearm I just don't like after testing and handling it at the range. I lost all confidence that it will serve as a reliable get of me gun for my doughter. I am fine with the caliber but not this particular firearm. .......So I went and picked up the Ruger LCP two 22LR. I'm going to test it today with hopes of very little or no issues at all. Just by handling it overlooking it seem to be a better quality firearm. If all goes well maybe I can recoup some of my money out the the brand new replacement Pt 22lr Taurus is sending back to me......when every that is. 20210110_214137.jpg 20210110_214012.jpg

·
Premium Member
2,681 Posts
My wife had to (so I had to) watch a recent re-telling of the Rodney Alcala "Dating Game Killer" serial killer/rapist/ you name it, he did it.
For 15 years he strolled across the country killing girls and ladies. Caught, released, caught, released, etc., luring them with good looks and bravado then killing them.
These psychopaths are out there. Ladies may not know they are in danger till its too late.
When its time to shoot, its time to kill. No messing around. Bring enough gun.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
My wife had to (so I had to) watch a recent re-telling of the Rodney Alcala "Dating Game Killer" serial killer/rapist/ you name it, he did it.
For 15 years he strolled across the country killing girls and ladies. Caught, released, caught, released, etc., luring them with good looks and bravado then killing them.
These psychopaths are out there. Ladies may not know they are in danger till its too late.
When its time to shoot, its time to kill. No messing around. Bring enough gun.
Wow!!! Man you commenting on watching a serial kill documentary with your wife made the hair on the back of my neck stand up brother. I was just watching last week on youtube about the Manhattan serial killer Joel David Rifkin. These deafantly are the worse kind of physcopaths one can think of,the kind that hard to or can't be detected before it's to late. I'm about to tell you a true story on a serial killer that I crossed path with here in Dallas back in the mid 90's........ Serial killer Dale Sheanett. He and I use to train out of the same boxing gym in Dallas. We did Golden Gloves together. One day he and I was just chatting and I offered to introduce him to a female cousin who had just moved to Dallas. The next day he started asking questions about her that i tought he should have been asking her if and when he was ever introduced to her. I decided not to introduce him to her be cause he was asking questions like, do she have kids, were do she live, what apartment, we all stay in different apartments in Lancaster TX at the time in including him. I never told him that she lived right across the street in another set of apartments across from his. Now how chilling is that brother!!! Please Google is name and see what this monster did. They ended up juicing his rear in Huntsville Tx. People like this is the reason why I'm so helpful in getting my daughter hand gun proficient so that she can move up to man stopper calibers. 22lr is just to start her brother. Like you said they are out there more than women know.....

I took the Ruger LCP 22LR to the range today and put five different types of 22lr totalling 100rds. It did not mis a beat. I feel like 11rds of 22lr out this little pistol will get her out of a jam until she moves up. I got to get her to a point and to understand she as to give all 11rd to physcopaths like him with out hesitation if one comes her way brother. I stress awareness and being prepared.

·
Premium Member
2,681 Posts
Messed up folk are all around. I've had plenty in my life, friends, family, school mates, occupation. Now Its just me, my parents, wife and the extended family I have to occasionally deal with, which is down to one creeper. Thank god he's still under his mom & dads roof, at 35. I'm done with friends. Done with parties. The one time I attended a social at a co-workers apartment party, a lady got date rape drugged and died from the complications. I was never questioned because all witnesses knew I left too early to have been a suspect. My father, who I never knew until a year ago, was murdered at 43.. I feel his influence all the time telling me to beware of people, don't give them a chance, don't turn your back, and don't let alcohol or drugs take over. That's how he got whacked, when he was drunk. Being drunk gives evil the chance to hurt you. I didn't always live so cautiously. I've known plenty of crazy guys. I've even had a gun to my head. Its been only a year ago, last Thanksgiving two co-workers, husband and wife got into it and he killed her. I saw her rise up through the ranks and she was my supervisor at the time and he was a defensive tactics trainer I rolled with and greatly admired. I thought the world of both of them but she had pulled her gun on him before.
Each psycho and each near miss has built up another layer of experience and caution.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
Man Scott, I totally understand what you are saying brother. Me and another customer found a guy dead in a Burger King bathroom from an overdose according to a Dallas detective I later spoke with. Me and the other guy was the only customers in the lobby. He walked in the rest room turned and looked at me. I asked is everything ok brother, he said man a guy is on the floor in bad shape. I go in and say hey hey are you ok and touch him while he called 911. He was cold to the touch, I said dang I think he's dead man. Now get this......an employee pulls out her phone and ask me to hold the door open while she take pictures. I said no and if I was you I would not do that. I said if that was me I would want some one to try and help me.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
Ok guys I'm so excited about this little Ruger LCP .22lr and. It performance on the first 100rds. I mean it ate five different kinds of ammo at different velocity with out one failure. Ruger got it right with this little fellow. It performed like a full size or larger caliber Security 9 my son in law has. I now call it the "LITTLE BIG GUN" if it only fails 1 time or 2 in the next 200rds I'm calling it good for my daughter. Hopefully it want fail at all.....

·
Registered
712 Posts
If it fails at all with only one type of ammo just don't use that ammo and keep testing the others. Too, don't discount ammo if the gun is dirty, and .22 makes anything it's fired in filthy. Be sure to keep it clean and lubed for an honest test session.

As inexpensive as .22 is I would definitely test candidate ammo that didn't malfunction in initial testing with a few hundred rounds out of a clean and lubed gun to make sure. FWIW, if it was centerfire I'd have the same advice but leave off the "As inexpensive as .22 is" portion. SD ammo and firearm must be 100% reliable. A few malfunctions makes it a totally unusable combination. In that case clean it and start testing again.

Most of my .22s like to be cleaned after every 300 rounds or so. Some can go longer than that, but of my handguns I can't think of any that like to go much more than 300 rounds. I know there will problems if I let it go that long so I like to clean sooner.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #53
Kat, guess who gets to clean your daughter's gun?;)
If it fails at all with only one type of ammo just don't use that ammo and keep testing the others. Too, don't discount ammo if the gun is dirty, and .22 makes anything it's fired in filthy. Be sure to keep it clean and lubed for an honest test session.

As inexpensive as .22 is I would definitely test candidate ammo that didn't malfunction in initial testing with a few hundred rounds out of a clean and lubed gun to make sure. FWIW, if it was centerfire I'd have the same advice but leave off the "As inexpensive as .22 is" portion. SD ammo and firearm must be 100% reliable. A few malfunctions makes it a totally unusable combination. In that case clean it and start testing again.

Most of my .22s like to be cleaned after every 300 rounds or so. Some can go longer than that, but of my handguns I can't think of any that like to go much more than 300 rounds. I know there will problems if I let it go that long so I like to clean sooner.
I I totally agree and I will up my count on the SD ammo and hopefully there want be any failures at all "BJ". I already have one firearm sitting at the manufacturer. I was hard headed and did not listen to "Scott".I'm going to try and get rid of it as soon as I get it back. Thanks guys....... oh yeah, I really love my keltec sub2000 but it is the least favorite I like to clean.

·
Registered
712 Posts
oh yeah, I really love my keltec sub2000 but it is the least favorite I like to clean.
I'm ex-military and a gun is either clean or needs cleaning, no middle ground. Yeah, the s2k is a bear to clean and get it clean. I wound up just sorta accepting that I couldn't do it. The best I came up with was using ProLix and dunking and squirting it in the action and lockwork and catching the runoff (it's used over and over) Then allowing it to dry to lube and protect. But that didn't sit right with me so I retired it. In it's defense at no time did a dirty S2k ever cause any problems. The problems were all in my head.

·
Premium Member
2,681 Posts
Im out of line, I know. I just think its pepper spray to repel, if that doesn't work first, then its pump em fun of lead till they drop. This is not legal advice, BTW..

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #57
Can any one out here elaborated on beveled extractor? I was looking at my daughter's LCP .22L and noticed a curve on the under part of the lip that extracts the shell. At first I thought the extractor was chipped or broken. I did some research and that's when I found out about beveled extractor being in some 1911 pistols.

41 - 57 of 57 Posts