Featured Hammer trouble

Discussion in 'Sub9 and Sub2000 Rifles' started by cody newcomb, Jul 27, 2020.

1. cody newcomb

cody newcomb Member

Jul 1, 2020
    so I've had to take off the bustocks, and charging handle a couple times now so I could add mcarbo parts.antwsu the first time I did that I had trouble resetting my bolt.i found out it was the hammer in the way so I reset the hammer.today once again i had trouble so I reset the hammer back and it still felt like the bolt was getting stuck on the hammer,I ended up pushing it down more even though the hammer was in the locked and back position.mabey I was babying the gun as its new to me.if hamner is in the locked back position will the bolt still get caught up on it,do you have to give the bolt some persuasion to get the bolt all the way back down?

2. 3wbdriver

3wbdriver Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Nov 2, 2005
    Louisiana
    Yes. The bolt needs to bump over the hammer to seat in the tube. Especially when new. I used a wooden salad spoon handle inserted from the front to hold the hammer down until the bolt slid over it. I don't recommend using anything metal for this and be careful not to pry down on the plastic feed ramp as leverage. It will get easier as the gun breaks in and you shouldn't need to do this anymore.

3. Steve Saunders

Steve Saunders Well-Known Member

Aug 5, 2018
    Been a while since I took mine apart (or shot it for that matter :/) but I think I just reached in through the ejection port with my finger and depressed it enough for the bolt to slide in.

4. mrwug

mrwug Member

Jul 18, 2020
    Just pulled the bolt on my Sub2K for the first time today (never fired). Sure enough, the bolt didn't want to move forward over the hammer. Fortunately, we eat a goodly bit of Chinese takeout so I have a bunch of disposable chopsticks in the house. I now have a set in the box with my cleaning stuff. Worked great.

RAT76 and 3wbdriver like this.