Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On my last range outing I finally got this rifle to function very well. This outing today a very large, very dangerous bug showed up. A slight change of ammo and a crank down of the gas and it fed great, then then total failure came. 5 rounds into a mag and the trigger was not there, felt exactly like the safety had been set. Cycled several times, disassemble, reassemble, check everything... Anything. Come to find out the bolt is not driving the hammer back into the fully locked position.
Upon the third time dissembling I decided to see if the hammer was set. Sure enough it needed a very small nudge, and a noticeable click when to locks in full cock is heard the hammer will fall. Reassemble, work the charging handle and it will dry fire once or twice, then the exact same issue. Hammer not fully seating.
Then the safety issue happened. After many times of trying to clean, oil, de oil, blowout with compressed air, curse and generally think my son was right. Maybe I should have kept the 3 Marlin lever guns I sold to buy this all purpose rifle but I digress. Upon reassemble the hammer dropped with only a slight jostle. I can replicate this fairly easily now. I would also think this could cause the rifle to have a run off as the hammer seer does not appear to be seating properly.
I'm just about at the end of my rope with this rifle. It is going back to Keltec as soon as I can get the proper authorization.
I purchased this gun brand new and any ammo that has been fired in it has been fired in my AR10. THIS IS NOT A AMMUNITION ISSUE. This is a definately issue related to this individual rifle. I will not slam all of these rifles but if your rifle is in full battery, you pull the trigger and the hammer will not drop be very careful. A jolt will make the hammer fall.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I made enough on the sale of the Marlins for the rifle NIB, 4 mags and two scopes. A 1.25x4 Burris Euro diamond. a 4x16 Oculus and the 30mm quick release mounts to seamlessly convert from hunting white tails in the North Carolina mountains to hogs in the bay heads and scrubs in Florida.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.