Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
11,201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Packer once said:
Two Pistol Packer said:
  To "keep a close eye on the hammer block for wear" would mean removing it from the grip for inspection after every firing session. Obviously you have never done this. Reassembling the hammer block is THE most difficult task of all. It has been known to make brave men cry.   You certainly wouldn't want to be doing this more than once.
Packer.
Well, here I am crying my eyeballs out.  Any hints, tips or tricks on reinstalling the hammer block would be greatly appreciated.  I'll tell you, I am "this" close to ordering a new grip from mama kt with the block already installed...

-Scott

·
Registered
5,028 Posts
he he, I take apart others complicated equipment with out a second though, but I haven't been brave enough to try removing my frame. Good luck

·
Registered
11,201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
TxCajun said:
Hammer block assembly starts with last paragraph and continues to next page:

http://www.geocities.com/pocketguns/P32grip3.html
Tx - if you were here I would give you a kiss! Well, probably not but you get the idea. The directions didn't work exactly like they were laid out (at least for me) but the idea of putting the gun on its side is what I needed. MAJOR SIGH OF RELIEF. Now to try and fix the other 3 things that have drastically gone wrong today.

-Scott

·
Registered
11,201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
JFB said:
he he, I take apart others complicated equipment with out a second though, but I haven't been brave enough to try removing my frame.  Good luck
Frame is nothing - but don't TOUCH the hammer block pin! Leave it in the grip. If you replace a grip, make sure you request it pre-installed. AMHIK.

-Scott

·
Registered
2,049 Posts
I feel your pain. When I did my initial F&B I took out the hammer block not knowing any better. It took me hours to get it back in. I'll never do that again.

Sorry, though, I can't remember what I finally did to get it back in there...

·
Administrator
32,240 Posts
Scott - What ever possesed you to remove it?

Just morbidly curious.

G

·
TxCajun said:
Scott - What ever possesed you to remove it?

Just morbidly curious.
He propbably did not have anything else to d oTx. You know how boring and un-eventfull his life is!

Mitch... Who also learned the VERY HARD WAY not to remove the hammer block!

·
Administrator
32,240 Posts
I never get that bored.
TxCajun, who lives vicarioulsy through Wilson's gunsmithing adventures. ;D

G

·
RAT76 said:
[quote author=virtual-rjhauser link=1200775329/0#11 date=1201090780]adamsesq, owner of the only p3at that may no longer be nfa34 compliant...

going full auto, pal?
;)

But that would be wrong.   ::)

;) ;D[/quote]

No one has ever accused me of being right! ;) (Not polically speaking... that is another story entirely!)

Any way.. has any one ever heard of one of these lil guns going auto?

I have seen the Glocks going full Auto.... Not something I want in my hands.

But could you imagine a 20 -30 round stick hanging out of the bottom of one of these lil 3AT's?....

Mitch.... Who has never violated ANY ATF rules .....Seriously.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.