Hammer block reinstall help :(

Discussion in 'P-3AT' started by EricG23, Mar 14, 2011.

1. EricG23

EricG23 Member

Sep 30, 2004
    Need some help getting my hammer black back in my P3AT. Had gone to the range, came home and upon field stripping, I accidentally pushed the frame out too far and the assm. pin spring (# 284) popped loose from it's spot in the frame. Rather than look at the directions on taking the frame out of the grip as I did last time this happened :), I decided just to start popping pins out after I pulled the hammer spring out of place - ooops. :( Needless to say next thing you know I am looking at the hammer block and it's spring laying on my work bench.

I have looked at the parts diag at KT's site, looked at all the info here, and looked at everything else I can find on the net related to how to or graphics about getting the pin, block and spring back in, but I just can't figure it out. I understand everyone says once you get it, that's it, but I am just having a hell of a time and have called it quits for the night w/ "bag-o-gun" sitting on my bench. :(

Needless to say if someone has some GOOD pics that are either not so small or so dark (inside a black grip none the less, thank God mine is green :)) I would really appreciate it as to what this thing is SUPPOSED to look like in the gun w/o the frame place.

Thanks in advance -

2. inmate

inmate New Member

Mar 2, 2011

3. TxCajun

TxCajun Administrator Staff Member Administrator Moderator Supporter

Sep 7, 2004
    Texas
  4. EricG23

EricG23 Member

Sep 30, 2004
    Ok, here's how far I got, tell me if I got it right or not, looks close to me from all the pics and the KT exploded parts diag -

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Muzzle view -

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Mag well view -

[​IMG]

LMK, and also do I need to do anything special w/ the hammer block when I put the frame back in ?

Thanks -

5. CJP32

CJP32 Active Member

Jul 24, 2008
    It looks good to me, is the HB under the spring tension? If so you should be ready to put the frame in. Wouldn't be a bad time to put a little grease on the trigger bar.

When you reinstall the frame make sure everything is in place on the frame. You will have to use a small thin tool like a small screwdriver or punch to push and hold the HB forward as you put the rear part of the frame in. It's kinda hard to explain so if you look at post #11 of this thread it should help. There are good pictures that will help.

http://www.ktog.org/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1287183163

CJ

6. EricG23

EricG23 Member

Sep 30, 2004
    Yes there is tension on it.

Looks like that was it. "Bag-O-P3AT" is whole again. :)

Now off to the range to make sure she still goes "BANG" every time I hit the trigger. Stay tuned................................

7. EricG23

EricG23 Member

Sep 30, 2004
    Just got back, put 50 rounds through her w/o a hitch. :)

Well at least now I know how to take it ALL apart to clean EVERYTHING if I ever want to again. :) Thanks to all who provided info, it's appreciated.

BTW, I would suggest to the moderators that they use my pics in this thread when referring to the hammer block issues, as with my green frame it's a lot easier to see what goes where and what's going on than some of the other pictures provided in the other threads due to the black frames / grips and lack of lighting in those.

Thanks -

Eric