hammer block and hammer block spring assembly

Discussion in 'P-3AT' started by ruger1, Jul 12, 2009.

1. ruger1

ruger1 New Member

Jul 12, 2009
    I decided to take the new P3AT apart to polish the trigger bar but i mistakenly removed all three pins when i took the gun apart.  When i pulled the frame out the hammer block and hammer block spring fell out and i am not sure how to get them back in.  I tried a search and looked through numerous posts for an answer but had no luck.  Anyone have a picture that shows how these parts go back together.  Thanks in advance!

2. JFB

JFB New Member

Jul 25, 2005
    welcome to KTOG.

I can not help as I've never been brave enought to pull that pin ;)

There should be some one latter that can help. It seems a little slow here this week end so keep checking back

3. ruger1

ruger1 New Member

Jul 12, 2009
    Well i think i got the hammer and spring back together correctly but now i am having trouble trying to get the rest back together again. I followed the link on youtube and am still having problems getting it back together. When i think i am done the trigger is in the rear position so i think i am not getting the hammer and the hammer block together corrrectly. ANy ideas what i am doing wrong?. The only way i can get the frame to sit down all the way is to push the hammer block all the way forward but when i do that the hammer wants to come back a bit in order for the two to catch.

4. ruger1

ruger1 New Member

Jul 12, 2009
    When i originally took the gun apart the trigger transfer bar went flying and the spring popped out. I put it back together but i think i am missing something because the trigger is all the way back in the depressed position. did i lose a part that would keep it in the forward position?. After playing around a little while i think that i am able to put it back together easily. My problem now is the depressed trigger.

5. subsonix

subsonix New Member

May 22, 2009
    uh...
    you shouldn't be having this much trouble, maybe block is in wrong?

To install the frame I start with the hammer fully rearward. I slide a tool (punch, screwdriver, etc.) underneath the rear of the frame to hold the block forward. The frame drops into place easily. If the hammer is forward it will not go down fully, but simply cocking the hammer lets it drop in.

Good Luck!

Here is a pic to help make sure that block is in right.
    That spring is under a lot of tension by the way.

[​IMG]

The trigger spring goes under the trigger bar. That provides the tension to hold your trigger forward.

[​IMG]

6. subsonix

subsonix New Member

May 22, 2009

lol, me neither, looks like a real biaatch!

7. PshootR

PshootR Banned

Apr 1, 2005
    You might be winding the trigger bar in the wrong direction. The trigger spring should be forcing the trigger all the way forward, not back.

8. carmike442

carmike442 New Member

Sep 14, 2004
  9. ruger1

ruger1 New Member

Jul 12, 2009
    I finally got it all back together. I had the trigger spring in backwards. Reinstalling the block was a PIA, took me forever due to the spring being under tension. Don't ever take that out if you dn's have to! LOL. Shouldn't have any more problems. Thanks for the responses.

10. BillK

BillK New Member

Jul 23, 2007
    All's well that ends well!

I also at one time mistakingly removed the same pin when putting in a metal mag catch. Nothing went flying but I seem to remember spending 1/2 hour or more getting every thing back in place.

Take care...