Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
2,628 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
>:(
My poor P3AT left the factory before it should have, so I had to send it back. FTF and Eject jut getting worse. Also slide eating frame. Not good.

Kel Tec was nice on the phone etc., but I'm pissed at the shipping cost to return it. I'm in a small town so no Fed Ex. The post office refused to take it. Yes I did talk to the area post master. They stated can only be sent FFL holder to FFL holder, not consumer to manufacture. Had to ship it United Parcel. And they claim it to be a restricted item, so it most go next day air. Cost me over $37.00!

I'm not happy..... I don't blame Kel Tec, but boy this sucks!
:-/

·
Registered
5,189 Posts
they are correct, usps can only do ffl to ffl.

however, ups (the big brown truck of happiness) will ship high speed hole punch parts for 8.00, insured for a value of 300.00

and you are not breaking any laws by doing so. that is simply usp policy to prevent employees from thieving firearms.

·
Registered
5,189 Posts
might I also add, I have a p3at vacationing in Cocoa right now, maybe we can get yours to say hi to mine for me? I think he is lonely being away from his family.

but he met one of jocko's p-32s there.

;D

·
Registered
2,628 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
rjhauser said:
might I also add, I have a p3at vacationing in Cocoa right now, maybe we can get yours to say hi to mine for me?  I think he is lonely being away from his family.

;D
Should we send a care package. Maybe a nice 12 back of bore leaner?

·
Administrator
32,240 Posts
Sorry to hear about your gun.

Options:

1. Via UPS, ship "machine parts" to CNC, Inc for $8. No, there is no law requiring you to tell UPS any different and the overnight shipping requirement is their rule to prevent their employees from stealing your gun. Package it well and give no indication of the contents. Leave off the work "Kel-tec" on the package. Insure for $300.

2. Should you elect to play by UPS rules and be gouged, later on, mail Kel-tec a copy of your shipping reciept, ask for shipping reimbursement. They will send you a check for $20.

3. If you whine enough, Kel-tec will sometimes send a UPS truck to your house to pick up your gun on their dime. They usually reserve this treatment for literally brand new guns, or guns that have had to go back more than once.

Any of these choices is better than a sharp stick in the eye. ;D

·
Administrator
32,240 Posts
Send them a copy of your shipping reciept with a letter explaining that you had to ship back a new gun.  Although they don't have to, they'll send you $20.   I believe the warranty states that they are not responsible for shipping cost incurred for warranted repairs, but they generally "split the cost" with you :-/

·
Registered
2,628 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
20 I could live with... I'm in a small town and am lets say a "known" person (allthough in a small town who is not known), so I have to be extrimly stright up on everything I do. But in a way it's not a bad thing to allways do the right thing. So could not say it was a hole punch, or an ammo holder, or a paper wieght, even though being brokin, that is what it was. :eek:

·
Administrator
32,240 Posts
Understood. One advantage of living in the big city is anonymity, but I grew up in a small town where you knew everyone...
whether you wanted to or not. ;D

G

·
rjhauser said:
might I also add, I have a p3at vacationing in Cocoa right now, maybe we can get yours to say hi to mine for me?  I think he is lonely being away from his family.

;D
heh we can have a party at kt, my 380 has been there for over 5 weeks, 5th time in to. My 380 knows everyone in there by first name. 5 weeks is also to long to get my weapon back. glad i have another flawless 380 on hand. I will give kt another week then I will start calling-every day ;D

·
Registered
8,990 Posts
When I sent my P3AT off on vacation last week, packed in it'slittle box inside a slightly larger box, $300 insurance...$11. 1.05 pounds so I bumped to the 2 pound rating weight, probably why $3 more. Never was asked what was inside.

Hope my "Little Big Gun" is having fun with all the other "Noisey Crickets".

·
Registered
2,628 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
jocko said:
heh we can have a party at kt, my 380 has been there for over 5 weeks, 5th time in to. My 380 knows everyone in there by first name. 5 weeks is also to long to get my weapon back. glad i have another flawless 380 on hand. I will give kt another week then I will start calling-every day ;D
Oh, God, do I even dare ask… Do I even want to know… What is/was wrong with it, why so many trips back (I would think that on the first or second go round they would have tested the daylights out of it before sending it back), and who is paying to ship it back to them?

At 4 or 5 go around for me at 37 bucks each time, if that happened to me it would have cost 185 buck, just about the wholesale cost of the P3AT.

RAT76 said:
When I sent my P3AT off on vacation last week, packed in it'slittle box inside a slightly larger box, $300 insurance...$11. 1.05 pounds so I bumped to the 2 pound rating weight, probably why $3 more. Never was asked what was inside.

Hope my "Little Big Gun" is having fun with all the other "Noisey Crickets".
By law you have to disclose it, and under the law you can not send it USPS at all, and if you do, and get busted, you are still in violation of the law even if you had no idea you did anything wrong.

I figure with my luck, it would get scanned for Anthrax and I would get nailed. And I do not need everyone in town knowing about it. How small is this town… The Mayer is listed in the phone book, and most folks know her “day” job is at the locale car dealer.

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
224lps: If it is any comfort, my 1st generation P3AT went back to the factory 3 times but on the last 2 Kel-Tec had it picked up at my door, fixed it and returned it to my door all at their expense. You have probably spent the last money for shipping that you will have to spend on that gun.

Good luck with it.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I'm having FTE problems with my new with a purchase date of 9/27/06. Keltec told me to send back the slide and barrel and nothing else. Can I send it through the USPS or should Keltec make the arrangements and absorb the cost?

G

·
usps is fine, u could not send the frame back as that is where the serial number is but the other parts are just that parts. Post office doesn't even need to know what you are sending back erither. address it to cnc industries and mail away.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.