Gunshow ammo check

Discussion in 'P-3AT' started by STORMET, Apr 11, 2009.

1. STORMET

STORMET New Member

Mar 31, 2009
    I went to a gunshow here in Missouri today there was only four boxes of .380 in the whole show. Two federal eagle for $20 per box and two Remington UMC for $30 (yes, I said $30) per box. There were about four boxes of Federal Hydra Shock but slim pickings indeed.

2. bro61

bro61 New Member

Sep 13, 2008
    STORMET, where are you in Missouri? I'm in Sedalia. I don't think there is any 380 in town at all. I have 1 box of Golden Sabres that I'm hoarding. I'm having a hard time finding a brick of 22's.

3. STORMET

STORMET New Member

Mar 31, 2009
  4. billjohnso20

billjohnso20 Active Member

Dec 7, 2008
    Stormet,

PM sent to see where you are in MO.

Peace,
    David

5. norton

norton New Member

Jan 25, 2008
    At a gun show in Michigan this past weekend:
    .380 reloads $75/100
    WWB $45/50
    WWB $70 /100
    Most other .380 was .80 each & up. People were buying it, except the reloads.
    Norton

6. Randy

Randy New Member

Oct 14, 2004
    WOW. I just can't do it. I'm going to have to wait them out. I mean, .380 has always been "high" but that is ridiculous. I guess as long as people buy it for that, it won't come down any time soon. It will probably take a while for that market to "saturate".

Until it gets more reasonable, I'll just have to admire them instead of shooting them.  :(

Randy

7. frankmako

frankmako New Member

Mar 11, 2006
    Chattanooga TN
    ammo. what ammo? can not find any here in southeast tn. if you do find some, the price is too high. even reloading supplies are hard to find.

8. chaos321

chaos321 New Member

Apr 13, 2009
    Columbus, Ohio
    Look on the bright side. After our "long" wait for ammo, when they finally try to get caught up, there will be a bunch of 380 out there. The price will come down. Everybody is making a 380 handgun this year so they will be making ammo to catch up with that demand. Any way it goes... We Win!!

9. Randy

Randy New Member

Oct 14, 2004
    Good point chaos.

I hope it happens sooner than expected and for the people who are buying it up to re-sell and try to get rich by price gouging, it would become worthless.

Randy

10. RCACFBilly

RCACFBilly New Member

Mar 29, 2008
    I hope Cheaper Than Dirt suffers greatly. I will never order from them.

Billy

11. JB

JB Guest

That OR interest in the .380s will die out as a bunch of new models hit the market and there is no ammo to even break them in much less practice and carry.  If the outcome is that next year there are plenty of used, like NIB .380s in the cases at the LGS and suddenly plenty of ammo for them, that will be a win.  If lack of ammo brings lack of interest which results in ammo production not getting 'ramped up', then we lose.  

Personally, of course, I'm hoping for the outcome with plenty of used but like new .380s at bargain prices and plenty of ammo.  I never thought I'd be that 'interested' in the caliber beyond having a P3AT for ease of carry but some of the other offerings (Bersa - both the standard and the CC, the new/coming Taurus .380 and the Sig - if the price were right) all look interesting.  They would all suddently become more interesting if it didn't cost more to shoot a .380 than it does to shoot a 9mm even under 'normal' conditions.

The really weird thing is that .38 and .357 ammo is scarce in my area, too. I would think that .38 Special would already be an established SD caliber and that production would be increased to meet demand pretty quickly.