Gun Test Magazine rates Kel-Tec a buy and an A-

Discussion in 'P-3AT' started by Tokamak, Apr 28, 2008.

1. Tokamak

Tokamak New Member

Apr 28, 2006
    Ok it was the .32 but they did not have a bad thing to say.

To me the .32 and .380 are so close its like the same gun.

____

Still loving both of my P3ATs

2. trekgod3

trekgod3 New Member

Feb 28, 2006
    Jupiter,FL
    Re: Gun Test Magazine rates Kel-Tec a buy and an A

Yeah, but the Nov. '07 issue gave the PF9 an "F" (because of the trigger) :(

3. Curt32

Curt32 New Member

Feb 24, 2007

Humm what did they say about the trigger,  I don't think it's that bad. Maybe a little long but it's not heavy at all it's actually lighter then my S&W 40 cal Sigma.

Tom j.

4. trekgod3

trekgod3 New Member

Feb 28, 2006
    Jupiter,FL

"What we couldn't tolerate was the trigger function. The trigger was the longest and heaviest of those tested,but we could have gotten use to it,if it were not for what we consider to be a design flaw. We believe in properly resetting the trigger after each shot to increase accuracy. After we fire a pistol we hold the trigger to the rear of the trigger guard and then release it forward until a click is heard, and then we apply pressure for the next shot. If you try that with this pistol, you will only hear a click instead of a bang."

and

"This pistol had the most felt recoil and was the least accurate-we suspect because of the heavy trigger"

They compared the PF9 to the H&K P7 ("A") and the CZ 2075 Rami P ("B+")

5. alamo

alamo New Member

Sep 12, 2004

This was discussed when the review came out. The PF-9 trigger is the same design as the P-32 and P-3AT and they didn't have a problem with them and I'll be they won't have a problem with the LCP's trigger.  I don't thing GT has very knowledgeable testers.  I don't pay attention to their reviews, they're worthless. Their ignorance was revealed when the rated the Makarov a "Don't Buy".

The tirgger really isn't that heavy, it's long. There's a difference.

6. adamsesq

adamsesq New Member

Dec 25, 2006

KT doesn't pay them enough - or at all???

-Scott

7. fatman

fatman New Member

Apr 6, 2005

I pay very little attention to the reviews in Gun Test Magazine. I have read to many of their reviews which were just BS where the tester apparently had little idea of how the firearm was supposed to function and couldn't take the trouble to read the manual.

In addition there were several where the tester weighed the firearm incorrectly then was so arrogant that he assumed it was the factory specs which were wrong instead of checking his own work. Just BS in my opinion.

8. forestranger

forestranger Well-Known Member

Jan 29, 2008
    NC

A number of their "reviews" caused me not to ren >:(ew.

9. TxCajun

TxCajun Administrator Staff Member Supporter

Sep 7, 2004
    Texas

What kind of an idiot would compare these.  Neither the HK, designed as a military/police service weapon, nor the CZ, also a full size-weight service weapon are compatable to the PF9.  They are at opposite ends of the spectrum.  The H&K cost $600 - $800 USED!  The CZ goes for about twice what a PF9 costs.  This is like comparing a Honda CRV to a Hummer.  ::)

And BTW, the topic of this thread was a totally different, and very favorable review of the KT P32.    

10. halfmoonclip

halfmoonclip New Member

Sep 17, 2004

I take Gun Tests the same way as Consumer's Reports that is to say, with a very large dose of salt.  It is worth taking a look at reliability as tested, but on many issues neither magazine knows their bass from a shoal in the sound.
    Moon