Gun show report

Discussion in 'P-3AT' started by motorcarrier, Apr 20, 2009.

1. motorcarrier

motorcarrier New Member

Apr 6, 2009
    I went to a gun show here in town over the weekend. I saw a couple of P-3ATs in the $290 range as well as a couple of Rugers. While there was quite a bit (not an abundance) of handgun ammo, including 9mm, .40S&W, 10mm, .45, and even .25 and .32, there was no .380 to be found. I was there early on the first morning and watched as a dealer bought all 20 boxes of Remington 9mm from a table at $16 a box. The guy selling the ammo said that while he was setting up prior to the show, another dealer came over and told the guy he had priced his ammo too low and then bought every box of .380 he had. I don't know where it went because I didn't see it anywhere. I didn't get any .380 ammo so I bought an SKS and left.

2. chaos321

chaos321 New Member

Apr 13, 2009
    Columbus, Ohio
    Yeah, I went to Hara Arena on Sunday. Not too bad of a show except for the guy in the back selling 380 for $45 a box. I told him he should put a mask on. He didn't like that!

3. frankmako

frankmako New Member

Mar 11, 2006
    Chattanooga TN
    380 ammo prices are out of control. that is if you can find some.

4. wd40

wd40 New Member

May 2, 2007
    a year or so ago, .32 was priced higher than .380!

what's going on? :-?

5. devicemanager

devicemanager New Member

Dec 11, 2008
    50 or 100 rd. boxes?

6. carmike442

carmike442 New Member

Sep 14, 2004
    [​IMG]

7. gdavis

gdavis New Member

Apr 19, 2006
    I bought a NIB P-3AT at a gun show in Midland, TX on 4/18/09. It was the only one there. I also got a 100 round box of 380s for $89 at the same time. You had to buy the gun to get the bullets.

One of the re loaders that is normally there was not because he could not find enough primers to load enough shells to come to the show.

I had told him a few weeks ago at another gun show that I had been told that our president was going to let us have as many guns as we wanted but we could not get any bullets. He said the real truth was that we could have all the guns we wanted except the autos and machine guns and all the bullets but was going to tax the primers to the point of prohibition.

Another guy said they were working on a law that only allowed manufacture of primers in a package that "expired" in one year. That is the primers would only last for about 1 year then become useless.
    which would mean no stockpiling ammo.

8. regrip

regrip New Member

Aug 10, 2007
    gdavis, Make no mistake, things like this a going to happen with this administration. Probably under cover of darkness late at night. Only hope is that sometime it can be reversed. God Bless America. Tom :)

9. Loganspawn

Loganspawn New Member

Apr 21, 2009
    These are not our friends :'( people making it harder for the rest of us by trying to ripp us off. Just like Bankers and Congressman F them all hope they lose money. Please dont be idiots paying  45 bucks for a box of 380 target ammo. In a few months things should calm down until then I order online"backordered" But still 16$ per box. They will come just plan ahead and dont panic! My stepson works at walmart and the people in sporting goods watch as poeple "alot of them no good" buy everything they can get with the sole intent on resaling at huge markups. Once again these are not our friends and should be frowned apon and told that they are dipshits.

P.s. You should always have a few months worth of supplies handy so when this crap happens you can ride it out. I am conserving and useing ammo as my mailorder comes in. Cabelas.

Peace live long die hard!

10. Citorishotgunner

Citorishotgunner New Member

Jan 11, 2008
    It's all simple Economics 101... Supply / Demand. Right now, demand is way high and far exceeds the supply, therefore you have a shortage and no ammo manufacturer is going to spend money to help increase productivity when they know there is a "bubble" so to speak that we are riding on; therefore, prices go up to help curb the demand. I totally agree, in a few months, things should hopefully start to return to normal.

I did however read a very interesting article today regarding the shortage of .380 ammo in particular. I know very little when it comes to reloading, but since the .380 is essentially a 9mm "short," this article stated that most ammo manufacturers use the same equipment to manufacture .380 ammo as they do the 9mm Luger. It stated that most manufacturers only run .380 ammo a couple of times a year which gives them more than enough supply to meet demand; however, since 9mm Luger is in such high demand, most manufacturers have ceased all production of .380 ammo to try and keep up the demand for 9mm. Therefore, we have hardly any .380 ammo on the market right now. I have been looking for .380 ammo for a while now and cannot find any. I generally purchase from a very reputable reloading company near where I live, and they pretty much gave me the same explanation as above. Seems like it is a pretty good explanation.

11. Loganspawn

Loganspawn New Member

Apr 21, 2009
    Its more than supply and demand when people pofitier. Its wrong in my book I am old school. These pricks would not be in my OMG **** hit the fan group. We have a group of 10. We are not nuts just ex military like old boy scouts BE PREPARED! Hope they all choke on their petty atempt to make a buck. Try sweating for a liveing I do and It sure feels good to have things to show for what I get paid to do. Not just trying to do the least for the most. Its called pride in work I love being the best at whatever I am doing otherwise why bother. Should the rich by all the food up and run it up to 100$ for a loaf of bread???? HEADS WOULD ROLL! Whats the diff??? They are not using ammo for self or even hording. Most these shelf cleaners are only trying to resale and make money. I have a stepson who works at walmart people buy out everthing they have even when not owning any weapons in that caliber. All we do is feed the fire if we pay 45$ for target 380 order online at fair prices and wait!

Live Long Die Hard!

P.S. When they come to take your guns TAKE THEIRS!!!!!!

12. 12smile

12smile New Member

Mar 10, 2006
    went to St Paul Education Building gun show saturday to buy ammo....no 380 at all.