Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi fellas, Got my new P3AT 3wks. ago. Fluffed and Buffed as per GL's illustration then ran 200 rds. with only a few FTF. My problem is that the rounded end of the guide spring rod is getting pretty chewed up. Is this something that Kel-Tec needs to address or normal wear and tear. Do I need to replace the rod? My concern is where are those little pieces of metal going? What say you?

·
Registered
5,028 Posts
just put it back with the wear spot agaisnt the barrel. I've put scribe line accross mine so I can easlily replace it the same each time

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes, putting it back the same as it came off is a very good idea, to bad I didn't think of that before I squared it off in couple of places. Oh well hind site is 20<>20. Thats why this site is going to be a real asset to me as I will try to put me question in place before my tinkering little hands in gear. Also you said grease, not oil? like some kind special firearm grease right. Might sound stupid but you know what they say about stupid questions. Thanks for the info.

·
Registered
5,028 Posts
tjhjunk said:
...  to bad I didn't think of that before I squared it off in couple of places. ...
No probem still...Just ask KT for a new one along with a spare set of recoil springs.

·
Banned
7,638 Posts
That flat spot is caused by the sharp edge and rough underside of the barrel. If you look at the bottom of the barrel, you will see where the metal has gone to make a shiny trail.

Bevel the sharp edge and sand the bottom smooth, then get a new guide rod from KT service.

Packer.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Called Kel-Tec today and asked for a new guide spring rod, all that they asked from me was my address so they could put me one in the mail in the morning. Pretty cool huh! You go KEL-TEC.

·
Registered
55 Posts
tjhjunk said:
Called Kel-Tec today and asked for a new guide spring rod,  all that they asked from me was my address so they could put me one in the mail in the morning.  Pretty cool huh!  You go KEL-TEC.
They did the same for me on an extractor. Their customer service is truly exceptional in my experience.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Kel-tec Customer Service

My exact same response today!

SIMPLY AMAZING!

tjhjunk said:
Called Kel-Tec today and asked for a new guide spring rod,  all that they asked from me was my address so they could put me one in the mail in the morning.  Pretty cool huh!  You go KEL-TEC.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.