Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

2nd time slide has been apart and the button head screw end is slightly bunged. The other problem is the guide rod has squared off around the end of it.

I researched some old threads and found the issue is not uncommon, the cause was also disclosed for both problems. My question is will KT send me a "Complete" slide back for my trade-in (Peening) or will it be stripped as the one I sent them? These parts are still functional and I would like to keep them but not enough to pay for a new set when I can have them warrantied?

Suggestions? Should I send a note to them with then stripped slide requesting a complete unit or should I send ALL of the bad parts back for replacement?

Thanks to anyone who has been in a similar situation?

Me and my new Dawg
Click for Super-Sized Photo

·
Registered
5,028 Posts
Re: Guide Rod Squared off and Buttonhead screw bun

KT "service department" and Sales are pretty good about throwing in freebies when you purhase some things. The major cost of getting just the little stuff alone would be shipping.

Like I purchase two mags, and asked for
extractors
extractor springs
extractor screws
firing pin
firing pin spring

I got multiples of each and only think I was billed for was the extractor and firing pin

I think with a damaged slide replacement, they would put a few items in if you ask

·
Banned
7,638 Posts

Hi, TS. That is SOME dawg!

KT will usually replace whatever parts are not with the gun. It IS recommended that you ship the whole gun, so they can go over it and test fire it for you.

You can save shipping by calling it "machine parts" and leaving Kel-Tec out of the address.

Oh BTW, If you want any accessories, NOW is the time to buy them. Just ask them to drop them into the Box for your SN, and they will charge no shipping.

Packer.

·
Premium Member
1,830 Posts

If just the extractor scew and the guide rod are bad...

Call Kel-Tec service and ask for a couple of screws and a guide rod. They will probably drop them in mail, no charge.

·
Registered
3,755 Posts

Monday call 1-800-515-9983 Service Dept and tell them you have some damaged parts. They will get your name and address and ship small parts to you free. If the slide needs to be replaced send that in separately. As the slides doesn’t contain the pistol serial number it isn’t considered a gun so shipping should be cheap. Some folks that don’t want to be without their P-3AT have talked Kel-Tec to charge their credit card for the new slide then crediting their card when the old slide is returned. It doesn’t hurt to ask :)

Wilson – who’s still looking to buy a $100 peening P-3AT but without success

·
Registered
5,028 Posts

Wilson said:
...Wilson – who’s still looking to buy a $100 peening P-3AT but without success  
I know where you might find a $70 peened slide, Don't you Tractor shaft ;)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.