Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I mailed my P3AT to KelTec. They were to recieve it last Wed. I called to see if they got it. I was told they won't get to it for 5 weeks and then it will usually be turned in one day. Glad I have my Glock to keep me company.

·
Registered
702 Posts
I hope that they wer telling you that you'd get it back in 5 weeks! I can't imagine that it would take five weeks to get it to Florida even if it was shipped from China. What carrier did you use? They must have "order tracking" if you shipped a pistol.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I sent it ground. It was scheduled to be there last Wed. They said they can't get to it for 5 weeks. Then they will work on it and ship it in 1 day. So, they have it and won't get to it for 5 weeks.

·
Registered
148 Posts
You'll get it back in less than 5 weeks. They just want to give you a very conservative estimate. That way you won't be disappointed. I'd say more like 3 weeks.

EDIT: In order to give a more accurate response to keep someone here happy, I will add this:
The amount of time it will take you to get it back will depend on several things
1. What needs to be repaired
2. How many repairs are before yours.
3. Proximity to holidays (KT was closed for a long time during the holiday season, so they may still be backlogged)

·
Registered
8,989 Posts
Nakanokalronin said:
Don't firearms need to be shipped next day?
Not in all cases.  You can ship to the manufacturer, ie. KelTec, UPS ground to CNC Industries (no mention of a firearms manufacturer so no "STEAL ME" tell tale) , machine parts for around $8.  OR you can ship as firearm next day for around $40 with BIG "I'M A GUN, STEAL ME NOW" stickers on it.

Your choice.  Me?  I'll send my "High Speed Hole Punch" UPS ground if & when.

Jim, who is all for saving a buck & reducing the theft risk.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Nakanokalronin said:

I didn't know about the next day part til after I shipped it. The guy on the phone at KT just said ship it to them, so I did. I put it in the little white KT box and put that in a regular box. That way there is no way to tell it's a gun. And ground was much cheaper, since I was paying for it myself.

·
Registered
11,201 Posts
Nakanokalronin said:
RAT is, of course, correct and has already answered your question.  I will add only that if the source of your confusion is the BATF FAQ you right to be confused, and the BATF FAQ is absolutely incorrect in its "synopsis" of what the law says about shipping a firearm.  Read the law yourself and you will see so (this is not legal advice to you - just a suggestion from one firearm owner to another).

-Scott

·
Registered
39 Posts
;DMy experience with KT customer service was excellent.  I returned the gun on the Jan 9th.  KT called me on the 10th.  They sent my gun to manufacturing and did some work.  KT then test fired it.  They sent it to me next day air and I received it on the Monday the 14th.  The gun has worked flawlessly.  No complaints here. ;D

I hope it works out good for you.

Crazylegs

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
crazylegs said:
;DMy experience with KT customer service was excellent.  I returned the gun on the Jan 9th.  KT called me on the 10th.  They sent my gun to manufacturing and did some work.  KT then test fired it.  They sent it to me next day air and I received it on the Monday the 14th.  The gun has worked flawlessly.  No complaints here. ;D

I hope it works out good for you.

Crazylegs

Well, they were supposed to get it last Wed. I called today to ask if they got it. All I was told was that if they got last week it will take 5 weeks for them to get to it. She never did answer my question about if they actually had it. I sent it in with a letter stating the problem and had my contact info with it. Did everything just like the owners manual said to.

·
Registered
345 Posts
I have sent guns costing 3-4x as much as a P3AT back for warranty work. One of them twice. It happens. We all with it happens less, but it happens. However all three new Kel-tecs I bought new have been good and not been back to Cocoa.

·
Registered
8 Posts
My experience with shipping UPS was not with KelTec but S&W. I first had to call Smith& Wesson to make them aware of my wish to return a Walther PPKS They sent me a "UPS next day air, shipping label" with instructions to include a statement of needed repairs, a return name address and phone number, a "Post Office Box was not an acceptable address", not to include ammunition and put nothing "but the shipping label" on the outside of a plain box that indicates the contents of the package. To notify the shipping agent at "UPS" that the package contains a firearm. For the return someone must be at the return address to sign as they wont leave package on door step. I know this wasn't a KelTec product but there is something to be said for free shipping, next day air, an some feeling of confidence in the manner of concern by S&W and UPS for the security of the shipping process.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
When I called them I thought I would have to pay a gun shop to ship it for me. The guy at KT told me to just ship it UPS, cause that's the way they will ship it back to me. That's pretty much all he told me. I didn't know about the next day shipping of guns, and I didn't feel like paying for it. He said to follow the instructions in the back of the owners manual for return.

·
Registered
4,143 Posts
You don't HAVE to ship Next day air, and you don't HAVE to tell them it's a firearm.

While nifty that S&W was willing to pay for it, I'd rather NOT ship it that way, so that every employee who touches it isn't tempted to steal.

Who wants to steal a high-speed hole punch?

;D

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.