Growing Old Waiting For P-3At Return from Factory

Discussion in 'P-3AT' started by gulfy, Mar 12, 2008.

1. gulfy

gulfy New Member

Mar 12, 2008
    I had a problem with the trigger of my new (December 2007) P-3AT. I tried some of the fixes suggest here on the board but when that didn't work I shipped it to the factory. It was received on Jan. 21. I e-mailed Kel-tec customer service about 10 days ago but never got a response. I just talked to an employee at Kel-tec today and he said the turnaround time was 8 WEEKS so it would be at least another 2 weeks.

Wow, I kind of hate I fell in love with this little gun since the service is really poor. Until I talked to Kel-tec today, I really didn't know they even had the gun except for my tracking info.

Rusty

2. Re: Growing Old Waiting For P-3At Return from Fact

WOW Rusty... sorry for the delay... I will say that Kel-Tec service NEVER hardly ever responds to e-mail.

Use the 800 # on the Kel-TEc site, and as to talk to the SERVICE department.

The Kel-Tec service is usually excellent, but it is my understanding they are short staffed now, so hopefully we don't get more reports like yours.

3. hotwheels

hotwheels Guest

Re: Growing Old Waiting For P-3At Return from Fact

Maybe this is why many people buy two of the KELTEC pistols so if one needs to be sent in, you've got the other?
    I've also had poor response to e-mails, but they're very responsive to a phone call.

4. keninaz

keninaz New Member

Feb 21, 2008
    Re: Growing Old Waiting For P-3At Return from Fact

Except that when you call they don't tell you what you want to hear!
    That is of course that your gun is already in the system and on the way back to you.
    Mine has been there only three weeks now. This is the first I have heard about 10 weeks. Right after mine was delivered they told me 6-8. Maybe it depends on the problem?
    I am waiting impatiently.   :(