Group member

Discussion in 'Feedback and Announcements' started by Gramps, Jun 2, 2006.

1. Gramps

Gramps New Member

Jul 28, 2005
    Hello,

I am Laura, daughter of the member known as Gramps. Dad had a stroke followed by a heart attack in April. I have been helping him read your group messages. He is partially immobilized at the moment, but is making rapid recovery. He wanted me to inquire if it would be alright for me to enter remarks or questions for him.
    It will probably take me a bit of practice before I learn the ins and outs of your group, so please excuse any mistakes I make.

Regards,

Laura Mergantal

2. TxCajun

TxCajun Administrator Staff Member Supporter

Sep 7, 2004
    Texas
    Hi Laura!

I'm sorry to hear about Gramps' health problems and I'm glad to hear that he is on the road to recovery. I was wondering why he hadn't been posting in a while. We miss his contributions and great stories.

I'm guessing that hanging out on a gun enthsuiast board may not be your cup of tea, but I think it's great that you are going to read and post for him. You a very welcome to do so. If you have any questions about using the board, feel free to ask right here in this thread. Simply hit the reply button to respond to any post on the board. If you like, you can also send a PM (personal message) by clicking on a user's screen name. I would be more than happy to assist in any way.

Again, our thoughts and prayers are with Gramps and I know I speak for the membership at large when I wish him a full and speedy recovery and look forward to the day when he can post again. Meanwhile, I hope you enjoy reading and posting in his place. You are a great daughter. ;D

TxCajun

P.S. Look under the banner ad where it says : Hey, Gramps you have __ messages. Click there to read any Private Messages he may get. If he gets a new one, you'll see that number go up.

Have a great day! 8)

3. Bam_Bam

Bam_Bam New Member Supporter

Aug 29, 2005
    Gramps/Laura,

I am sorry to hear of your stroke/heart attack. You will be in my prayers. I am glad to hear you are doing better, keep up the speedy recovery. We still need ya man. Like Tx said we miss all the great stories you have. Please ask if there is ANYTHING we can do here at KTOG. I'm sure most all will feel the same way, we all try to help each other when in need.

Laura,

Thanks for taking the time to let us know how Gramps is doing. This is very nice of you to read the post and reply for him. My wife would never do that for me (she don't like talking about guns). Please keep us informed on how he is doing, we will all pray for a speedy recovery for gramps here in this house! Thanks again.

Bam Bam

4. rjhauser

rjhauser New Member

Sep 7, 2004
    Laura:

Wish Gramps a speedy recovery, and your family will be in our prayers.

RJ

5. Bam_Bam

Bam_Bam New Member Supporter

Aug 29, 2005
    Gramps,

How are you doing?? Please keep us informed of your recovery. WE all are looking forward to getting you back on the group here! We are praying for you, keep in touch.

Bam Bam

6. Plex

Plex New Member

Feb 23, 2005
    Here, here! Hurry back Gramps!

--Plex

7. 3wbdriver

3wbdriver Moderator Staff Member

Nov 2, 2005
    Louisiana
    I understand to some degree what you're enduring.  My father has had a kidney and part of a lung removed in the past couple months.  Fortunately, everything seems to be fine now.  Best wishes on your continued recovery.

:)

8. pocketgun

pocketgun New Member

May 4, 2005
    Hope you are getting better Gramps. Don't forget to drop by the KTrange sometime, too.

Thanks to Laura for lending a hand.