Grooved Trigger

Discussion in 'P-3AT' started by jhacker5150, Nov 29, 2008.

1. jhacker5150

jhacker5150 New Member

Nov 29, 2008
    Hello, new to KTOG, just purchased a P3AT at Cabelas this evening. I saw on the Kel-Tec website there was a grooved trigger one could install, however, it is currently not available. I was wondering if anyone has a grooved trigger and how it in your opinion might make it better/worse?

I have yet to shoot it (I'd like to tomorrow at the range). Looks as if I should F&B a bit or at least get rid of some of this packing oil/grease.

P.S.
    Did y'all receive a "soft zipper case" with the purchase of your P3AT? I saw that I should of received one in the manual yet one was NOT included.

thank you

2. Sangueffusor

Sangueffusor New Member

May 13, 2007
    Indiana
    What you are probably seeing is a trigger shoe. It was made for the P-11 which has a wider trigger guard, so it will stick out on the sides of the P3-AT's trigger guard, possibly causing unintentional discharge when holstering. You could narrow it yourself, though.

Kel-Tec changed to plastic boxes a few months ago instead of soft zippered cases. I guess they haven't updated the manuals.

3. jhacker5150

jhacker5150 New Member

Nov 29, 2008
    Thank you, yes the Trigger shoe, thats it, I could see how that could present a problem when holstering. Are there any complete trigger replacements/any way to adjust the trigger?

4. BillK

BillK New Member

Jul 23, 2007
    Welcome aboard jhacker! Best of luck with your new P3AT.

Both of my P3ATs came in a cardboard box and included the soft case. Last gun was bought about 6 months ago. Did your gun come in a box or a plastic case?

Sorry, know nothing about the pros & cons of a trigger shoe on the P3AT.

Take care...

5. adamsesq

adamsesq New Member

Dec 25, 2006
    The best trigger job for these babbies is about 500 rounds through them.  

As Sang said, the hard plastic case I am betting yours came in is a replacement for the cardboard box/zippered case.  

And [​IMG]

-Scott

6. TxCajun

TxCajun Administrator Staff Member Supporter

Sep 7, 2004
    Texas
    No. You might smooth it a bit by polishing and lubing the trigger bar but that 5 lb, double action trigger is the only safety on this gun. I would not want to lighten it much even if I could.

P3AT trigger shoe:
    http://www.1bad69.com/keltec/triggershoe.htm

7. devicemanager

devicemanager New Member

Dec 11, 2008
    FWIW the s/n on mine is JTSxx and it came in a hard black plastic case. I bought it a week and a half ago, but I am not sure how long the GS had it in their possession.