Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, new to KTOG, just purchased a P3AT at Cabelas this evening. I saw on the Kel-Tec website there was a grooved trigger one could install, however, it is currently not available. I was wondering if anyone has a grooved trigger and how it in your opinion might make it better/worse?

I have yet to shoot it (I'd like to tomorrow at the range). Looks as if I should F&B a bit or at least get rid of some of this packing oil/grease.

P.S.
Did y'all receive a "soft zipper case" with the purchase of your P3AT? I saw that I should of received one in the manual yet one was NOT included.

thank you

·
Registered
1,921 Posts
What you are probably seeing is a trigger shoe. It was made for the P-11 which has a wider trigger guard, so it will stick out on the sides of the P3-AT's trigger guard, possibly causing unintentional discharge when holstering. You could narrow it yourself, though.

Kel-Tec changed to plastic boxes a few months ago instead of soft zippered cases. I guess they haven't updated the manuals.

·
Registered
898 Posts
Welcome aboard jhacker! Best of luck with your new P3AT.

Both of my P3ATs came in a cardboard box and included the soft case. Last gun was bought about 6 months ago. Did your gun come in a box or a plastic case?

Sorry, know nothing about the pros & cons of a trigger shoe on the P3AT.

Take care...

·
Registered
11,201 Posts
jhacker5150 said:
Thank you, yes the Trigger shoe, thats it, I could see how that could present a problem when holstering.  Are there any complete trigger replacements/any way to adjust the trigger?
The best trigger job for these babbies is about 500 rounds through them.  

As Sang said, the hard plastic case I am betting yours came in is a replacement for the cardboard box/zippered case.  

And

-Scott

·
Administrator
32,240 Posts
jhacker5150 said:
 Are there any complete trigger replacements/any way to adjust the trigger?
No. You might smooth it a bit by polishing and lubing the trigger bar but that 5 lb, double action trigger is the only safety on this gun. I would not want to lighten it much even if I could.

P3AT trigger shoe:
http://www.1bad69.com/keltec/triggershoe.htm

·
Registered
78 Posts
BillK said:
Both of my P3ATs came in a cardboard box and included the soft case. Last gun was bought about 6 months ago. Did your gun come in a box or a plastic case?
FWIW the s/n on mine is JTSxx and it came in a hard black plastic case. I bought it a week and a half ago, but I am not sure how long the GS had it in their possession.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.