Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
(1) What brand & model # is a rubber grip that will slip over the handle of the P-11, 9mm.
(2) Are all slides of the P11 hard to slide back, by hand ?
How can one make it easier to slide by hand ?
Thank you !

·
Administrator
31,982 Posts
1. The Hogue Handall Junior fits well, as do others.
2. It is not the easiest slide to work.
Use some grease on the slide rails, hammer interface on the bottom of the slide, and the barrel lugs. Shooting the gun, wearing in the mating surfaces and wearing in the recoil springs will make it easier to rack. Proper technique helps a lot:
https://www.corneredcat.com/article/running-the-gun/rack-the-slide/

·
Registered
6,690 Posts
I used to use the Hogue Handall Jr. back in the day on the P11 I had, but later discovered the Limbsaver, which has an extra bit on the back that extends up toward the beavertail, which is REALLY where you're going to feel the recoil on that gun. Shooting around 50 rounds through the P11 almost always left my already easily-ouchie'd thumb joint sore for a couple of days at a time, but adding one of those squishy Limbsaver slip-ons totally did away with that problem ... and instead allowed me to focus on how uncomfortable the factory trigger is on my index finger. :D

Looks like one of these:

When you put on either the Hogue or Limbsaver, I'd strongly advise you to spray the inside with something like super-hold hair spray. It helps it slip into place easier, and once it dries, it makes a sorta temporary "glue" that keeps the grip from slipping up or down or around from shooting or carrying it.

Another decent slip-on grip is the Tuff 1 brand grips, which are a really squishy silicone-like rubber. But given the P11's size, you'll likely need to trim it to fit because it's pretty long (sized mainly for full-size pistols).

·
Administrator
31,982 Posts
A little soapy water will also help a tight grip slide into place and when it dries, becomes tacky.

Reactions: 19Richard54

·
Registered
8,536 Posts
1. The Hogue Handall Junior fits well, as do others.
2. It is not the easiest slide to work.
Use some grease on the slide rails, hammer interface on the bottom of the slide, and the barrel lugs. Shooting the gun, wearing in the mating surfaces and wearing in the recoil springs will make it easier to rack. Proper technique helps a lot:
https://www.corneredcat.com/article/running-the-gun/rack-the-slide/
Putting a radius on the back edge of the interface lessens the initial force needed to start the slide moving.

P3 hammer bar. closeup.jpg

+1 on the cross body rack. It's the only way I can rack the P11.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts