Green P3-AT??

Discussion in 'P-3AT' started by bripro, Aug 22, 2007.

1. bripro

bripro New Member

Aug 20, 2007
    The guy at my gun store told me he had a few green and black Kel Tec 380s in stock. Im going down this Saturday to probably buy one. Does anyone have a pic of this color gun in the meantime? Thx.....Brian

2. Syndil

Syndil New Member

May 8, 2007
    Here's a pic of keepandbeararms' OD green/hard chrome P3-AT that I found using the forum search:

[​IMG]

I know there's got to be pics of an OD green/blue one floating around somewhere.

3. nicneufeld

nicneufeld New Member

Mar 9, 2006
    AHHH! A thread I can be of assistance in!

Here's my OD/blued baby:

[​IMG]

4. NOT OD or BLUE:

[​IMG]

But I like to post pics when I can!  ;D

5. Mike66

Mike66 New Member

Jul 22, 2007
    Nah, forget green.  Get that badass gray/blue combination like I got.  ;)

[​IMG]

6. Actaully--- I like the way all of mine look!

[​IMG]

7. But if you need a pic of Green/Black... check this one.... not a .380.... but it is Kel-Tec

[​IMG]

8. Wilson

Wilson New Member

Sep 7, 2004
    Using the Rit Dye technique, you should be able to make that green grip navy blue or black.

Wilson – who’s is convinced that green should be used only for money :)

9. nicneufeld

nicneufeld New Member

Mar 9, 2006
    Hah, I still dig the OD green. >:( ;)

It just has a bit more "personality" than the other black ones, I think.

Nic, whose favourite colour is obvious

10. flonder22

flonder22 New Member

Feb 11, 2007
    I like my OD Green, looks much better in person. ;D

11. Muddflap

Muddflap New Member

Jun 5, 2007
    Using the Rit Dye technique, you should be able to make that green grip navy blue or black.
    [/quote]

Did I miss something? Is there an easy way to change colors?

12. Wilson

Wilson New Member

Sep 7, 2004
    When properly used Rit Dye will permeate Kel-Tec polymer grips. This was a very good thing when Kel-Tec offered an ivory grip for the FG P-32. You could have dozens of colors including Neon Pink :)

Kel-Tec now only offers black, gray and OD green colored grips. As polymer colors can not be lightened, you can only change the green & gray. If you add orange Rit Dye to gray you end up with a nice maroon pistol grip or yellow to a green grip should produce blue.

Wilson – who’s again showing his age by knowing all this old stuff :-[

13. And with a bit of luck Navy Blue! Some KTOG member has one. He posted a pick I think.

I never could find any one that had them in stock or would even order me one, but they were made, and I was told they will be made again. I have my name at 3 places waiting for one!

I don't know why, but I really want one! Maybe I should just rit dye my gray frame. Do you think it would hold Wilson?

Below are quotes from e-mails with one of the local stores:

To: Info@DiamondGun.com
    Sent: Monday, June 04, 2007 7:16 AM
    Subject: Kel-Tec P3AT Hard Chrome Blue Grip

It is my understanding that SportSouth Inc. (web site link and phone: http://www.sportssouthinc.com/ Phone: (800)388-3845 ) is one of your suppliers, and that Sport South Inc. has a supply of Kel-Tec P3AT in a hard chromed slide with blue grips.

If you can get one of those guns, what would be cost to me?

Howdy Mitch,
    Those are usually 285.00 when I can get them. SSI doesn't currently have them. Others do not have them either.. sorry..

Thanks,
    Jason

14. Wilson

Wilson New Member

Sep 7, 2004
    Those blue grips were a special order by one wholesaler. I suspect that the grips were a different color when they originally arrived at Kel-Tec.

Wilson – who’s wishing Kel-Tec had retained ivory grips at least for second-generation P-32

15. virtual-rj

virtual-rj New Member

Jul 22, 2007
    Houston, TX
    franks guns, marcy NY has a few of the blue grips in his display safe for sale.

yup yup. i seen em. personally.

almost bought one....but needed the funds for something else...

16. kc516

kc516 New Member

Sep 12, 2007
    I just picked up a blue one last week. Got it from Bud's Guns. I think they're out of them now, tho. Funny, I had originally ordered the green, and they e-mailed me to say it was out of stock, so the blue was actually my second choice. Great looking pistol, guess I got lucky!!!! :D