Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The guy at my gun store told me he had a few green and black Kel Tec 380s in stock. Im going down this Saturday to probably buy one. Does anyone have a pic of this color gun in the meantime? Thx.....Brian

·
Registered
3,755 Posts
bripro said:
The guy at my gun store told me he had a few green and black Kel Tec 380s in stock.
Using the Rit Dye technique, you should be able to make that green grip navy blue or black.

Wilson – who’s is convinced that green should be used only for money :)

·
Registered
28 Posts
Wilson said:
[quote author=bripro link=1187840283/0#0 date=1187840283]The guy at my gun store told me he had a few green and black Kel Tec 380s in stock.
Using the Rit Dye technique, you should be able to make that green grip navy blue or black.
[/quote]

Did I miss something? Is there an easy way to change colors?

·
Registered
3,755 Posts
Muddflap said:
Did I miss something? Is there an easy way to change colors?
When properly used Rit Dye will permeate Kel-Tec polymer grips. This was a very good thing when Kel-Tec offered an ivory grip for the FG P-32. You could have dozens of colors including Neon Pink :)

Kel-Tec now only offers black, gray and OD green colored grips. As polymer colors can not be lightened, you can only change the green & gray. If you add orange Rit Dye to gray you end up with a nice maroon pistol grip or yellow to a green grip should produce blue.

Wilson – who’s again showing his age by knowing all this old stuff :-[

G

·
Wilson said:
Kel-Tec now only offers black, gray and OD green colored grips. ...[
And with a bit of luck Navy Blue! Some KTOG member has one. He posted a pick I think.

I never could find any one that had them in stock or would even order me one, but they were made, and I was told they will be made again. I have my name at 3 places waiting for one!

I don't know why, but I really want one! Maybe I should just rit dye my gray frame. Do you think it would hold Wilson?

Below are quotes from e-mails with one of the local stores:

To: [email protected]
Sent: Monday, June 04, 2007 7:16 AM
Subject: Kel-Tec P3AT Hard Chrome Blue Grip

It is my understanding that SportSouth Inc. (web site link and phone: http://www.sportssouthinc.com/ Phone: (800)388-3845 ) is one of your suppliers, and that Sport South Inc. has a supply of Kel-Tec P3AT in a hard chromed slide with blue grips.

If you can get one of those guns, what would be cost to me?

Howdy Mitch,
Those are usually 285.00 when I can get them. SSI doesn't currently have them. Others do not have them either.. sorry..

Thanks,
Jason

·
Registered
3,755 Posts
Nu_Agin_Shooter said:
And with a bit of luck Navy Blue! Some KTOG member has one.
Those blue grips were a special order by one wholesaler. I suspect that the grips were a different color when they originally arrived at Kel-Tec.

Wilson – who’s wishing Kel-Tec had retained ivory grips at least for second-generation P-32

·
Registered
14,984 Posts
franks guns, marcy NY has a few of the blue grips in his display safe for sale.

yup yup. i seen em. personally.

almost bought one....but needed the funds for something else...

·
Registered
4 Posts
I just picked up a blue one last week. Got it from Bud's Guns. I think they're out of them now, tho. Funny, I had originally ordered the green, and they e-mailed me to say it was out of stock, so the blue was actually my second choice. Great looking pistol, guess I got lucky!!!! :D

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.