Great Service

Discussion in 'P-3AT' started by kb61751, Oct 9, 2007.

1. kb61751

kb61751 New Member

Aug 20, 2007
    I had a bad slide, sent it in (slide only) and received a new one back in 8 days. I have sent in my PF-9 also, lets see if I get it back in same time...... :D

2. BillK

BillK New Member

Jul 23, 2007
    Out of the box my new P3AT had failure to extract every 3-4 rounds. Called Kel-Tec and they suggested running another 100 rounds or so through the gun. Did so but FTE problem remained. Called the second time and Kel-Tec said they'd send a new extractor out me. No more than 4-5 business days later the new extractor arrived. New extractor fixed the problem.

Take care.

3. SoonerPast

SoonerPast New Member

Aug 22, 2007
    Re: Great Service????

I must not be holding my mouth right. My P3AT was in my possession 1 week. KT has had it their possession 6 weeks. Today, they tell me that it might be shipped back to me this week.

If I treated my customer's inquiries like they have mine - I wouldn't be in business much longer.

4. SoonerPast

SoonerPast New Member

Aug 22, 2007
    Re: Great Service???

My p3at was returned to me today, 7 weeks, 1 day after it was delivered to KelTec. The problem was that the trigger would not reset. The slide was replaced and the barrel ramp was polished. Plus they say that reimbursement of my shipping costs have been approved.

Just took it out for a test drive and it is fixed.

There must be a big, big backlog of warranty work at their doorstep. I had thought they might give a magazine or something for my trouble - but no. I am pleased that the pistol works, now. Just never guessed it would take so long.

5. TxCajun

TxCajun Administrator Staff Member Supporter

Sep 7, 2004
    Texas
    Me neither. That is easily twice as long as average and very unusual. Anyway, I'm glad it's working right. :cool:

6. SoonerPast

SoonerPast New Member

Aug 22, 2007
    The P3AT is a really good pistol, especially when it is fixed. Since I've had mine returned, 3 good range visits, over 100 rounds without fail, this is good.

I've found the CorBon standard JHP to hold the best pattern. At 10 yards I could keep them in 3 inches in a reasonably rapid fire mode. Blazer brass was pretty good too.