Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I know that this subject has come up before, but because I had such a great experience today with the +1 mag extensions, I thought that I should share it with the group.

I have a HC PF-9, HC slide, and barell, and a new frame with some other internal parts put on by CS.

Notwithstanding some negative experiences by other members with the +1 mag extension, I decided to order three of them for my older seven round mags. They were a bit tough to get on, but I finally managed to get all three on, and with a bit of trepidation I took off for the range this morning.

I could not be happier. I put 50 rounds of 124 gr. FMJ Remington Champion through the gun, using all three mags, and all 50 rounds fired flawlessly.

No dropped mags, no failures to chamber a round, no failures to extract.

To top off the experience, with a Hogue grip and the mag extension, because I was able to get a much better grip, all my fingers on the grip, the recoil, for me, was greatly minimized. Felt just about like my M&P Compact 9mm, and to even make it better the shrink wrap on the trigger took away all of the finger bite. I left the range with my no soreness, I easily could have put 100 rounds down range with no problem

I have also found that the extension does not cause my gun to print when I wear it OWB with a loose T shirt here in Florida, nor does it effect my ability to pocket carry in my Mika pocket holster, albeit that I were cargo shorts. It is easier to grip and my holster stays put in my pocket.

So, I highly recommend the +1 mag extension, Hogue grip, and shrink wrap for the trigger bite. For me, it has positively transformed my PF-9 into something I could never have imagined. It is like a completely different gun

·
Administrator
31,976 Posts
Thanks for the report. I need to get a couple of +1s for the PF9. :cool:

·
Registered
78 Posts
Do you know of a place to buy the Tan +1 mag or baseplate? I've search for both and haven't found any place that sells them other than Kel-Tec.

(In case anyone else is searching, here's the model numbers)
Baseplate: PF-9-806
+1 Mag: PF-9-809

·
Premium Member
15,000 Posts
I think Kel Tec is the only place you're going to find those.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I know that this subject has come up before, but because I had such a great experience today with the +1 mag extensions, I thought that I should share it with the group.

I have a HC PF-9, HC slide, and barell, and a new frame with some other external parts put on by CS.

Notwithstanding some negative experiences by other members with the +1 mag extension, I decided to order three of them for my older seven round mags. They were a bit tough to get on, but I finally managed to get all three on, and with a bit of trepidation I took off for the range this morning.

I could not be happier. I put 50 rounds of 124 gr. FMJ Remington Champion through the gun, using all three mags, and all 50 rounds fired flawlessly.

No dropped mags, no failures to chamber a round, no failures to extract.

To top off the experience, with a Hogue grip and the mag extension, because I was able to get a much better grip, all my fingers on the handle, the recoil, for me, was greatly minimized. Felt just about like my M&P Compact 9mm, and to even make it better the shrink wrap on the trigger took away all of the finger bite. I left the range with my no soreness, I easily could have put 100 rounds down range with no problem

I have also found that the extension does not cause my gun to print when I wear it OWB with a loose T shirt here in Florida, nor does it effect my ability to pocket carry in my Mika pocket holster, albeit that I were cargo shorts. It is easier to grip and my holster stays put in my pocket.

So, I highly recommend the +1 mag extension, Hogue grip, and shrink wrap for the trigger bite. For me, it has positively transformed my PF-9 into something I could never have imagined. It is like a completely different gun
I completely agree! With the standard magazine, my pinky finger has nowhere to go. Holding on to a PF9 with three fingers is an exercise in frustration! My neighbor purchased the +1 extension and I could feel a huge difference. As soon as we got home from the range, I ordered a couple. Yes, it was a little tricky to get on, but it was worth it in terms of control and comfort.

·
Registered
37 Posts
+1 for the +1's as my grip improved so much I could care less that it actually holds another round! Just that extra length allows me one more finger and my pinky doesnt wrap all the way under the mag anymore. The firmer grip definitely decreases the risk of limp wrist induced jamming.

My PF-9 travels in a Concealment Concepts In the Pocket Holster with a +1Mag in the gun and a standard flat plate mag in the spare mag holder and they fit really well. If I put a +1 on the spare mag, the fit isnt near as neat in the holster.

I ordered and installed extensions on 3 of my 4 PF9 mags and after a trip to the range today, I can report that they all worked flawlessly, no FTF, FTE or unintended mag drops here. Bravo KT, nice job on the +1's

1 - 9 of 9 Posts