Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yesterday, my SU-22 finally operated like I had always dreamed, after a 4 month delay of shipping it back to KT for repairs.

I shot over 800 rounds of Remington Target, Federal Auto Match Target Grade Performance, and Federal Value Pack .22LR ammo. The rifle was fired from a pretty lousy barrel, outfitted with a bipod and 3-9x scope. The rifle was definitely more accurate that I was.

I sighted it in at 50 yards (the extent of the range). For scale, the center dot is 1".

I found that the Remington 22 Target held the tightest groups, seen best at 20 yards. 7-shot groups. I forgot to add: I was aiming at the line intersection. a few images down...

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Here's what it looked like at 50 yards, all Federal value pack.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Very nice. So far the Federal is the best and only thing that seems to function 100%, except for the occasional no fire.

·
Super Moderator
10,061 Posts
I'm developing a serious NEED for an ultralight bipod for my SU-22C.

Thanks for posting the targets. I always like to see those!

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
My bipod leaves something to be desired in the weight dept, but it does the job, and looks great doing it!

·
Registered
4 Posts
I also had a reasonable day after receipt of su22 after the receiver, etc was reworked.  I used good old Federal ammo and had a 10% failure of primer.  Rifle worked quite well and should (after some further sighting changes) be very accurate at 50yds.  I added a collapsible pistol grip stock and would like to add a protective butt plate.  Does the Keltec version fit??

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I have since put over 1000 rounds of federal thru mine and some winchester with zero problems... very pumped. Now I need to clean it.

Question: how accurate should this be at 100 yards?

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Just to update, shot 100yds and wasn't happy with the Federal value pack. Shot 12" groups for some reason.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts