Great first range day after mothership repair

Discussion in 'SU-22' started by henktermaat, Mar 29, 2010.

1. henktermaat

henktermaat New Member

Dec 13, 2008
    Yesterday, my SU-22 finally operated like I had always dreamed, after a 4 month delay of shipping it back to KT for repairs.

I shot over 800 rounds of Remington Target, Federal Auto Match Target Grade Performance, and Federal Value Pack .22LR ammo. The rifle was fired from a pretty lousy barrel, outfitted with a bipod and 3-9x scope. The rifle was definitely more accurate that I was.

I sighted it in at 50 yards (the extent of the range). For scale, the center dot is 1".
    [​IMG]

I found that the Remington 22 Target held the tightest groups, seen best at 20 yards. 7-shot groups. I forgot to add: I was aiming at the line intersection. a few images down...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. henktermaat

henktermaat New Member

Dec 13, 2008
    Here's what it looked like at 50 yards, all Federal value pack.
    [​IMG]

3. nerdsgetchicks

nerdsgetchicks New Member

Mar 28, 2010
    Very nice. So far the Federal is the best and only thing that seems to function 100%, except for the occasional no fire.

4. Liberty4Ever

Liberty4Ever Moderator Supporter

May 19, 2006
    Lexington KY
    I'm developing a serious NEED for an ultralight bipod for my SU-22C.

Thanks for posting the targets. I always like to see those!

5. henktermaat

henktermaat New Member

Dec 13, 2008
    My bipod leaves something to be desired in the weight dept, but it does the job, and looks great doing it!

6. TROUTBOY

TROUTBOY New Member

Mar 29, 2010
    I also had a reasonable day after receipt of su22 after the receiver, etc was reworked.  I used good old Federal ammo and had a 10% failure of primer.  Rifle worked quite well and should (after some further sighting changes) be very accurate at 50yds.  I added a collapsible pistol grip stock and would like to add a protective butt plate.  Does the Keltec version fit??

7. henktermaat

henktermaat New Member

Dec 13, 2008
    I have since put over 1000 rounds of federal thru mine and some winchester with zero problems... very pumped. Now I need to clean it.

Question: how accurate should this be at 100 yards?

8. henktermaat

henktermaat New Member

Dec 13, 2008
    Just to update, shot 100yds and wasn't happy with the Federal value pack. Shot 12" groups for some reason.