Great Experience at Kel-Tec today

Discussion in 'P-3AT' started by ODA_CDR, Jun 1, 2010.

1. ODA_CDR

ODA_CDR New Member

Mar 5, 2010
    I have to tell you that I was ****ed at the range this past weekend, when my P3AT kept light striking the round. I visited Kel-Tec today for warranty work and within an hour the tech returned with a replaced grip, polished ramp, replaced trigger assembly, hammer, extractor & firing pin assembly and trigger bar. He test fired and told me the gun was again operational. Thank you folks of Kel-Tec, everyone I met there today was helpful and friendly.

2. acts2florida

acts2florida New Member

Oct 17, 2009
    Sounds like it's great to be local to the mothership. :D

3. jfl

jfl New Member

Dec 20, 2009
    Wow !!! Impressive service.
    Did they ask you for proof of purchase or any other document ?

4. Picatinny_Pete

Picatinny_Pete New Member

Sep 2, 2009
    Hello,

Welcome to the KTOG BB. It's nice to hear about your visit to KTOG and the way it was handled, I don't care what people say I still think Kel-Tec has great customer sevice.

Best Wishes :)

5. ODA_CDR

ODA_CDR New Member

Mar 5, 2010
    I walked in at lunch time 12:25, which ends at 12:30. The tech answered the door and I explained that I was sorry to be early and maybe I could just fill out some paperwork in the time being. She took my gun and mag and asked what the issue was. I showed her the fired rounds and explained my issue. She said she'd have someone look at it ASAP and went into the back. A few minutes later she returned for the info form and said the gun was being worked on. That was it. No proof of anything. Although I was prepared to show all, nothing was asked for other than the gun and mag. I had it back within a half hour. Three others came in while I was there and they were all treated the same. I love Kel-Tec, they have excellent people and bosses who know how to treat customers.

6. diamond

diamond New Member

Jan 18, 2010
    Nice that you live right there. I wonder what the ratio is of mail-ins vs walk-ins? I'm sure the mail-ins are much higher. They are probably handled differently than a live customer walking in the door.

7. markboss

markboss New Member

Oct 1, 2006
    I have been to KT a couple of time, since I live close by..
    I had my PF9 slide replaced due to a crack, and had the frame updated also....
    The nice lady said it might take a couple of hours, they were busy....
    So, I told her I was going to the beach and would pick it up on the way home.....
    The gun was ready, upon my arrival, and all I can say is GREAT JOB KT!!!!!

8. ericire12

ericire12 Guest

If I lived within short driving distance, I would have one of everything they make [smiley=thumbup.gif]

9. ODA_CDR

ODA_CDR New Member

Mar 5, 2010
    Went to the range today and fired about 50 rounds from three different brands. FLAWLESS. The Kel-Tec tech even got the Crimson Trace Laser pretty close to where it was too. Good on you KT. Thanks

10. cameroonee

cameroonee New Member

Jun 4, 2010
    What a great company. If only some of the other company's would follow suit.