Great deal on .380acp range ammo

Discussion in 'P-3AT' started by 98_1LE, Dec 31, 2007.

1. 98_1LE

98_1LE New Member

Dec 29, 2005
    http://wideners.com/itemdetail.cfm?item_id=7247&dir=18|646

$7.85 per box of 50. I am not affiliated with Wideners, and have never actually ordered from them, just noticed this while shopping for other calibers and thought I should share. I have not seen .380acp under $10 a box in a while. If I didn't already have 1000 rounds of .380acp I would be ordering some of this.

2. adamsesq

adamsesq New Member

Dec 25, 2006
    I know KT does not suggest Aluminum case ammo on their PLR/SUs, but have there been any issues with aluminum in the P3ATs?

-Scott

3. ClayMan

ClayMan New Member

Dec 15, 2007
    I've shot a box of the aluminum cased Blazer ammo through my P3AT and had absolutely no issues.  It functioned and shot just fine for me...

That is a great price, thanks for the heads up 98_1LE!

ClayMan

4. adamsesq

adamsesq New Member

Dec 25, 2006
    +1 to the great price.  buyammo.com usually has some pretty good prices and this is from them:

CCI 3505 Blazer Pistol 380 Auto 95Gr 50Rnd TMJ Blazer
    [AI1508-0167]  
    Quantity on Hand: 100. Usually ships in 3-7 business days, please call.
    Product Description:
    CCI 3505 Blazer Pistol 380 Auto 95Gr 50Rnd TMJ Blazer
    Product SKU: AI1508-0167
    Product Pricing: $11.44

-Scott (who has never heard of Wideners before but is starting to like what he sees there!)

5. 98_1LE

98_1LE New Member

Dec 29, 2005
    I thought the suggestion against using it was only for the Sub2000 type rifles, and maybe the PLR. I have never read anything against using it in P3AT's, and have shot a half dozen boxes of it through a P3AT, and literally thousands of rounds of it in 9mm (Academy used to sell it for $3.87 per box). Never had a problem with the aluminum CCI, and would have bought a Sub2000 back when they came out IF I could have shot Blazer in it.

6. Boggs51

Boggs51 New Member

Jan 6, 2007
    Thanks for the Post 98_LE. I'm going to try some. I really don't care about ammo problems at the range, however, for carry I always use the best!

7. Bobo

Bobo Active Member Supporter

Jun 13, 2005
    98_1LE,

Thanks for the heads-up.

I've been using Blazer aluminum in my P3-AT as range ammo for a while now. I've never had a problem with it. It has been less expensive than most ammo. I think because the aluminum casings are less expensive to produce than brass.

This price is the best I've seen, especially since ammo prices have been escalating lately. Widerners' shipping charges are the lowest I've seen also.

The last batch of range ammo I bought was CCI aluminum from Natchez on July 17, 2007. At the time it was the best price I could find at $8.19 a box plus 13.15 for shipping and insurance for a total of $95.05 for 10 boxes.

I just ordered 10 boxes from Wideners for a total of $87.35. [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Bobo

8. Dreadnought

Dreadnought New Member

Jul 23, 2007
    So let me get this straight:

You guys that have a lot of P3AT experience (read: lots of hassle free rounds through the weapon) are okay with using the CCI aluminum stuff?

I would be thrilled to hear that this is acceptable.

Thanks in advance.

9. spin180

spin180 New Member

Dec 2, 2004
    I'm not the P3AT expert that some here are, but my 1st gen loves the aluminum Blazer. Never had any problems with it over the course of a few hundred rounds.

I may be mistaken, but I imagine the warning against aluminum cased ammunition in the SUB rifles is because of the blowback action. My Ruger PC9, which is also blowback operated, carries the same warning.

10. Sangueffusor

Sangueffusor New Member

May 13, 2007
    Indiana
    Thank you for the link. I just bought $200 worth of ammunition from them.

11. rls1158

rls1158 New Member

Oct 18, 2007
    I've got nothing against aluminum cased ammo and have shot about 1/2 a box through my .380 with no problems. However, when my gun finally made its way back from KT, the work order suggested not using aluminum cases. I'm just using up the box that I had on hand. According to some of you guys it shouldn't make a difference anyway.

God bless,
    Reggie

12. RandyP

RandyP New Member

Dec 23, 2007
    Sadly, those of us poor souls living within the "Trifecta" of 2nd Amendment abolition (Illinois-Cook County-Chicago) cannot obtain any internet ammunition.

I'll have to wait til the next road trip to stock up someplace or get an out-of-state relative to place an order for me. BUt then by the time I buy the gas to go fetch it home, ALL savings per box are erased.

13. learfxr

learfxr New Member

Dec 21, 2007
    Thanks for the info. I ordered some ammo for the P3AT, my Glock 22 and my SKS. Now I can go play at the range when it all comes in. I haven't shot the SKS for several years. I've been cleaning it and making sure it was ready for use. I have a nice Russian model. Dad bought it for me back in the pre-ban days.

14. Bobo

Bobo Active Member Supporter

Jun 13, 2005
    Just wanted to report on a great experience with Wideners:

Ordered 10 boxes of Blazer from the web site on 1/01. Received immediate confirmation.
    Received UPS tracking number on 1/03.
    Received package on 1/04.

A double thumbs-up! [smiley=thumbsup.gif] [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Bobo