Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I purchased some synthetic Mobil one grease and applied as recommended. Question is I have owned numerous firearms over the years and NEVER used grease on anything!!! My primary lubes are RemOil and CLP. I believe CLP has worked the best for me. CLP seems to provide cleaning power and lube power. It has apparently passed gov't tests as well.

Why does the P-3AT need grease???

The $7.00 I spent (lifetime supply) isn't that big of a deal but does it actually make a difference? It has worked so far w/o grease, others say it's necessary/

Help on the topic, should grease be used and under what circumstances? Kel-tec and beyond...

-TikiG

·
Registered
2,331 Posts
Since these small, lightweight pistols are particularly sensitive to loss of lube, grease works well as it stays on longer when shooting and when carrying when you don't relube for extended periods of time.

You only need a light coat of grease on the slide rails, hammer slide and the barrel lug. Use oil elsewhere, like on the trigger/hammer assembly. I also put some on the top and sides of the aluminum frame where the slide travels, particularly on spots where there was the usual initial wear on the frame.

Some folks just use CLP with good results but grease tends to last longer.

·
Registered
5,028 Posts
ive used grease for the hinge pin for double barrels, but thinking about petroleum wax next time I have one out.
For the P3AT and P32 i like parifiin wax and teflon. Been using it on all firearms lately instead of oil

:-/

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.