Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have always used a high grade hi temp light weight white grease on my semi autos. I have been using it for years now and never a problem whatsoever.
The dealer told me that he prefers just a light oil on his P3AT.
I cannot see what difference the light grease vs. oil would make to this nice little guns.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Good point, I too use light oil on everything but the slide and always have. I was of course referring to the slide area for the grease.
I was told a number of years ago this light grease that I got was better for the slide.
It's Kleen Bore's TW25B lube and was highly recommended by a gunsmith I knew at the time.

·
Registered
5,028 Posts
even though you already got a couple replies.....

GREASE and OIL ;D....

I actually use a wax though, but it is a good coat between:

*slide to frame rails
*center slide to hammer face
*lower barrel lug cam to pin &
*mateing upper barrel lug to slide.

·
Registered
4,412 Posts
keninaz said:
Good point, I too use light oil on everything but the slide and always have. I was of course referring to the slide area for the grease.
I was told a number of years ago this light grease that I got was better for the slide.
It's Kleen Bore's TW25B lube and was highly recommended by a gunsmith I knew at the time.
i have a tube of that stuff, and it seems to be pretty good stuff, but dang it's expensive. i've also got a tube of cheap stuff. depends on the day what the gun gets. the TW25 was actually bought for a couple of rifles i've got, but it works well.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I use only Eezox on my P3AT, P11 and other pistols.. They run great and I have not seen any wear issues, it is slick stuff. Also makes cleanup easy, because it is dry, it does not collect dirt or pocket lint.

·
Banned
236 Posts
Just light grease, no sense going with Oil for this part and grease for that and wax for something else. Get Tetra, or any light grease, ant- seize grease is VERY good and you can buy it in bulk at any auto shop.

If you are like me and carry everyday and shoot maybe once every 6 months, I want something a bit heavier than oil. For something that is rarely used grease is better. It stays put and lasts.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.