Grandfather oak EVOlution for p3at

Discussion in 'P-3AT' started by TheWrights2004, Jan 8, 2009.

1. TheWrights2004

TheWrights2004 New Member

Nov 18, 2008
    Below is a picture of what my title states...
    [​IMG]
    Does anyone have this holster for their P3AT?  If so, could you post pics of you wearing it?  I would like to see a real life depiction of its conceal ability w/ an untucked polo/t-shirt.  I am expecting my concealed carry permit in a short while and have been searching and reading the vast number of posts on this site and just googling holster manufacturers to see what they offer.  I believe that I am going to prefer pocket carry the best but have been looking for alternatives when pocket carry would not be a good choice.  I have looked at and received some good advice on nice IWB holsters.  However after a more thorough prediction of how I'd carry the firearm and the current fitment of my pants...IWB would not make the best option.  IWB=buy bigger pants ;D  So, I came across this holster which is an OWB (more comfy than an IWB IMO) and w/ the barrel not protruding below the belt line I think this should be easily concealed underneath an untucked shirt of proper length.  Much easier to accommodate clothing wise since ALL of my shirts go past my belt line.

So, I ask does anyone have experience w/ this particular holster?  Pros/Cons?  Are there other makers of a high ride holster similar to this one that others have had good experiences with?

Also, I know we have an accessory area...I posted here because I was looking for specific feedback for the P3AT (I do realize that it is a p32 in the picture BUT they make the same holster for the p3at)...If it needs to be moved feel free to do so and I'll be sure to post in a more appropriate fashion in the future  ;)

2. druid

druid New Member

Jul 26, 2008
    I have no experience with that holster, but I gotta say-  Sure doesn't look like much protection/support for the gun.  The P-3AT is a pocket gun....IMO, that's the best way to carry it.  A K&D pocket holster with the spare mag option and you're in concealment heaven and comfort utopia!  Anguish over how you wanna carry your bigger gun!  ::)

3. TheWrights2004

Nov 18, 2008
    Seeing as how I am not getting any response to this specific holster I will assume that none of you are using it.

Does anyone have a Grandfather Oak holster in general that can give feedback on the quality of their holsters?

4. heavyvino

heavyvino New Member

Jan 7, 2009
    Are you sure they are still made?

5. TheWrights2004

Nov 18, 2008
  6. heavyvino

heavyvino New Member

Jan 7, 2009
    That neck holster look cool. I might try that one with a p3. I will ask at work to see if anyone has one.