Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have noticed that <95 Gr. = a high failed ejection rate, over that seems to be pretty reliable. Thoughts??

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
"I know nothing". That reload bullet I buy and use is 100gr, heavier than store bought. wonder if that is one lil' piece of the puzzle for less failures ..??? And it is .355 instead of .356,,, Whole bunch of little things add up to bigie.

·
Registered
110 Posts
I have no written data, but I have shot a lot of the 102gr. Golden Sabre, and the 100gr. Berry's plated, and I don't remember the last FTE I had.

I do remember that 95gr. Gold Dots worked real well.

Wouldn't surprise me if heavier bullets gave the slide a little more oomph to eject the empties.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have no written data, but I have shot a lot of the 102gr. Golden Sabre, and the 100gr. Berry's plated, and I don't remember the last FTE I had.

I do remember that 95gr. Gold Dots worked real well.

Wouldn't surprise me if heavier bullets gave the slide a little more oomph to eject the empties.
That is exactly what I was thinking

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
yea to thread, guess we are rite on because a knowledge person that I buy my bullets and once fired brass said, to shoot no less than 165 grn in my subK/40cal...(aid in eject&extract)So that's what we're talking about ; same idea david...

Now, those lite 95 grn Speer are some expensive and best made bullets around for lil' 380 and they may shoot good, maybe.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ran some Remmongton 102gr. Golden saber HPJ through today. 3 mags and no FTE compared to 3 mags of Remington UMC with 2 rounds at most before a FTE More grain FTW

1 - 6 of 6 Posts