Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
703 Posts
Thxs....I was just looking at extended factory mags gggeeeezzzz prices are high lol.i heard aftermarket ones are no good?
Original Molot mags are HORRIBLE since the Obama "economic ban" on Russian imports. Before that, they were cheap. I bought four 5-round Molot mags for a VEPR-12 for $17 each, not long before the Russian ban by edict. I think that "ban" still in effect.

I have some SGM mags that work great in my Saiga-12. I would recommend them.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
This one works great for me.

https://www.classicfirearms.com/vepr1210mag

Also I polished the bolt rails and guides ,and now it cycles with my pinky , and will run perfect even with light load bird shot.

Jim
Thxs Jim I'll check it out....what did u use to polish is it necessary? I was wondering if I should shoot mine first with cheap ammo to see if all good

·
Fido for short
5,409 Posts
You should shoot it first.
You will find it a little rough and heavy to pull and rack n round by hand.

Then after you polish the guide rails you wont believe the difference.
I polished mine so my wife could easily rack a round.

I used Semi-chrome polish and my Dremel .
Flitz will also work.

Gun Rifle Firearm Assault rifle Trigger

Jim

Attachments

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
You should shoot it first.
You will find it a little rough and heavy to pull and rack n round by hand.

Then after you polish the guide rails you wont believe the difference.
I polished mine so my wife could easily rack a round.

I used Semi-chrome polish and my Dremel .
Flitz will also work.

View attachment 24937

Jim
Heeeeyyyy I'm drooling over here that looks great :rayof: soon I will get accessories

·
Fido for short
5,409 Posts
The one thing, that you can do, to improve the shooting, and tame the recoil to a point where a child can shoot it. Add the Molot Muzzle brake.

Control, and recoil becomes unbelievable.
remember this is my wifes shotgun , and she is only 68 yrs old.
Don't tell her I told you that .:eek:;):)

http://www.carolinashooterssupply.c...mpensator_Muzzle_Brake_p/css-vepr12-brake.htm

I never knew/thought how much a well designed muzzle brake could TRULY improve the shooting, until I bought and installed this one.

Jim

·
Registered
4,827 Posts
Control, and recoil becomes unbelievable.
remember this is my wifes shotgun , and she is only 68 yrs old.
Don't tell her I told you that .:eek:;):)

Jim
No particular reason, but could you give me her email address?

·
Fido for short
5,409 Posts

·
Fido for short
5,409 Posts
Cant help ya there.

All I can tell ya is that the one I have is truly something that works beyond what I could have imagined.

Another member here, Buzzsaw, had one at my house without a muzzle brake, and he can confirm what a HUGE difference it makes.

Jim

·
Registered
348 Posts
Congrats! I traded a 16" .308 VEPR for mine a while back. I'll back up the comments about the big muzzle brake helping take the beast. I picked up the USA Made semi-clone of that Russian brake used. Mine came from the previous owner with the Russian lower handguard that has a few rails on it. I swapped on a custom grip that was made from a VEPR rifle stock.

For magazines I highly recommend csspecs metal ones. I have a few of their 8 round mags & several of their .308 mags for my Hunter. They've got some 10rd mags on the way.

And since I'm a moderator & I guess now admin over there, I have to recommend that each of you check out VEPR.org ;)

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Finally ordered a 25 round drum sgm. Akweapons.com says in stock. I still didn't get to shoot Vepr yet to busy with house remodeling. Just from what I have been reading what's good cheap ammo to use?

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.