Gotta Have One!

Discussion in 'P-3AT' started by KTMFactoryRider, Nov 20, 2007.

1. KTMFactoryRider

KTMFactoryRider New Member

Nov 16, 2007
    OK, I've done a ton of research and have decided to get a P3AT.  I have spoken to several people that have one and I have the fever.  I went to a couple of stealers in Central Florida and the best price I have found is $330.  

I was wondering if someone could help and let me know what a good price should be.  There is a gun show in Orlando this weekend and I was thinking about going and seeing what I could pick one up for.  I have seen some for auction for about $225 plus FFL fee and shipping so that would be a total around $250-$260.  

Can they be found for less than this?  If so, what do you think is a good price?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,  Buddy

2. rls1158

rls1158 New Member

Oct 18, 2007
    Some on this forum say KTs are expensive in Florida. I don't really know myself. I paid $275 last month in Louisiana for a blued model. I've seen them advertised on this forum considerably cheaper but then you have to add FFL fees and possibly shipping. Good luck at the gun show.

Reggie

3. KTM.... Seems to me there is a bit of price creep on these things. $250 for blue guns are not unheard of, but not as common as they where the first of this year. I have seen hard chromed going for close to $400.

If you are looking for a good price check, you are in the right spot...

Maybe posting a WTB ad in the trading post area and stating the local area you want to do a ftf.... but it seems that Florida prices seem to be higher than alot of places.

Remember that if you buy on line, you have to consider shipping and handling, then your FFL transfer fee.

4. 98_1LE

98_1LE New Member

Dec 29, 2005
    Find a local FFL that will do the transfer ($15-20 typically), and buy from BubbaMan on the board, or Becky at http://www.sportingarms.com/

FWIW I paid $280 + tax ($302 total out the door) for a navy blue / hard chrome P3AT, knowing I was paying a premium for the finish / color combination.

5. Cap

Cap New Member

Nov 13, 2007
    Paid 288.00 for my hard chrome grey frame.However it took the gun shop about two monthes to find it for me.Chrome seems to be hard to come by.My guess ,you should pay less than 300.00,for any version.

6. HCSO201

HCSO201 New Member

Nov 19, 2007
    Hi all...new to the boards but just wanted to report in with a price check here in the Tampa, FL area. I found nib P3AT's in a gunshop called Kastle Keep Firearms in Largo, FL for $289 blued w/black frame. Hope this helps.

7. Troubleshooter2

Troubleshooter2 New Member

Jan 13, 2006
    I see them local / Gun show (Blued) for $250-$275,

Looking to get a Blue grip Chrome slide for my wife soon. I have seen these go for around $300-$350

8. Wilson

Wilson New Member

Sep 7, 2004
    Last month Bubbaman (member of this Forum & FFL) sold several NIB P-3ATs for $219, which included shipping to your local FFL. You might PM him to see if he expects to receive any more from his wholesaler at that ridiculous price or not.

Wilson – who’s not in need of any more P-3ATs but couldn’t pass up a deal like that as he was able to avoid sales tax too :)

9. tadams

tadams New Member

Jan 4, 2007
    Northeast TN
    I'll definitely vouch for the Bubba!

I bought my first PF-9 from him about a year ago. Smooth and flawless transaction. Emailed a receipt immediately and was just plain nice, to boot. A++

Travis

10. +1 on Bubba Gump ;D

It was not a Kel-TEc... but I did buy from him. Very Smooth Transaction.

11. keast

keast New Member

Oct 30, 2007
    If you happen to be heading through Jacksonville, try Shooters.  I got a blued one there for $249 a couple of weeks ago.  They were having a sale but perhaps theyed make the same deal if you asked.  Very busy place.  They probably sold six guns while I was there buying the P3.

12. mastercrasher

mastercrasher New Member

Sep 3, 2006
    Bellevue
    I paid $330 with state tax. Sent the slide off for absoutly deep beautiful blue job ($100), added a Armalaser ($160). That put me at, UhOh, hope my lovey don't see this. I named it Amex, I don't leave home without it.

13. markboss

markboss New Member

Oct 1, 2006
  14. spence13e

spence13e New Member

May 11, 2006
    Kansas
    mine, blued, was 289 a couple weeks ago. it's the cheapest i'd seen yet, and they are HARD to come by in the metropolis of scentral ks.

15. KTMFactoryRider

Nov 16, 2007
    I really do appreciate all the great feedback and the tips of the dealers in Jacksonville and Merritt Island. Merritt Island is a little closer. If the gun show in Orlando doesn't work out, I'll give them a call and see what we can do. I am looking for just the basic blued one.

Thanks also about the recommendation about Bubba. $219 is really a great price even adding in the $25 FFL I have to pay around here to get it sent in.

Thanks again, this is some super info.

Buddy

16. regrip

regrip New Member

Aug 10, 2007
    This is a little bit off of original topic. But I have not had handguns until early this year. Now I have a S&W 442 and, a P3 that I carry all the time because of the light weight ( love it). Now I am considering the PF9. Is the recoil much more than the P3? Should I just be happy with what I have and save the money? Now I see why some owners have several guns at home. What a dilema. Tom :question

17. Tokamak

Tokamak New Member

Apr 28, 2006
    Wow, I bought 2 chromed ones (one for the wife) for under $300.00 each last year. I think one was 270 the other 290.

I do not know about current pricing.

18. pfb

pfb New Member

Oct 17, 2007
  19. Ocalaguy

Ocalaguy Banned

Mar 30, 2007
    don't guess you checked the "kel-tec bargain" thread under the "counter" main catgegory before you asked this did you?

best deals and selections i've seen in florida, at least a month ago were at florida gun exchange on us1 in port orange. they had all finishes of p32's and p3's, even hc. i think the p3's were mid 200's and hc p3 was 280 iirc. they even had hc p9 and p11 for low 300's.

if you get real lucky they might even have some corbon dpx back in stock. they do carry it if they aren't out.

20. KTMFactoryRider

Nov 16, 2007
     Nope. the last post in that thread was back in September, I never went back that far...  Thanks sooo much for pointing it out.

Just got back from the Orlando Gun Show with my new .380, they were asking $249 for a blued P32 and $269 for a P3AT.  I begged them down to $249 for the .380 and they took it, saves me a trip anywhere else.

Thanks to everyone that offered constructive input!

<and pfb, I'm on a '08 KTM 300 XCW with the magic button, i just can't get off of the two-strokes. Electric start isn't needed but it's cool...>