Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got the trigger kit in the mail today and all that confidence I had instantly evaporated. It's easy to think about doing it but when I actually have the stuff to do it, it doesn't seem as easy as before.

I'll probably stare at it for a couple of days, read the instructions again say to myself "if all those other guys did it, I should be able to too."

Y'all wouldn't believe how long I waited to do my first AR lower build. When I finished I said Pffffftt, that was easy, why did I wait so long.

Wish me luck.

·
Registered
2,383 Posts
Print the instructions and read through them a couple of times first. You will not have any major problems.

Quick hint: Get a box of the huge 2 gal ziploc bags. Disassemble your pistols inside the bag. It helps confuse the springs and other small parts so that they fail to make the correct calculations, and thus fail to make the jump into hyperspace. ;)

ETA: As I posted elsewhere, the hardest part is the trigger block reset on reassembly, and you need to know how to do this anyway, as that is part of the required process for cleaning and lubing the trigger bar.

·
Registered
28 Posts
The hardest part of the installation was setting the hammer block. Just follow the instructions and pay attention to where the hammer is when setting the hammer block. Its easy.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The hardest part of the installation was setting the hammer block. Just follow the instructions and pay attention to where the hammer is when setting the hammer block. Its easy.

This

Got it in but a pain in the butt. Had to file off some from the trigger and the front of trigger hole for trigger reset. I have to say it would have been easier if I'd condescended to carefully read the directions about reassembly. Hammer location is important. I found the hammer block to be easy with his suggested tool of a Bic refill. Went in easily.

And it was worth it. So much smoother.

Gotta say those are the best written instructions I've ever read. Hat's off to you Pop.

Thanks guys for all the encouragement.

·
Premium Member
15,000 Posts
Gotta say those are the best written instructions I've ever read. Hat's off to you Pop.
He really does a super job with the instructions...if only everyone would read them.

Us men hate reading instructions. ;)

·
Registered
26 Posts
The instructions are certainly well done, and I'll read them many times before proceeding. Are there many (any) stories around from people who have screwed up this installation?

·
Registered
43 Posts
whatever it takes...

It's a fine trigger and makes such an overall improvement to that little whipper snapper.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Got the trigger kit in the mail today and all that confidence I had instantly evaporated. It's easy to think about doing it but when I actually have the stuff to do it, it doesn't seem as easy as before.

I'll probably stare at it for a couple of days, read the instructions again say to myself "if all those other guys did it, I should be able to too."

Wish me luck.
Well, good luck. I'd guess this is like a lot of things and will seem really simple after it's done. Having never done more than field strip any weapon, I'm apprehensive about what could go wrong, though.

·
Administrator
31,975 Posts
Guys - There are currently 4 threads on page 1 of the PF9 forum regarding this product. Pops has his own thread in the Vendor Forum. Let's please keep inquiries and information regarding his products consolodated there.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.