Got P-3AT back from service and now

Discussion in 'P-3AT' started by gerry, Jun 7, 2011.

1. gerry

gerry New Member

Apr 28, 2011
    Got my P-3AT back from service the other day. I couldnt get through 1 mag without a FTE or the new round getting caught on the empty. They replaced the slide. Got it back and took it shooting yesterday and on about every other mag the 2nd to last round would get jammed against the top of the chamber. I have 2 mags and it would happen on both. So today I went back to the range and borrowed my cousins mag and In 70 rounds only had 1 FTF and I think it was cause it was getting dirty cause the round went in half way. I then got out the calipers and my mag lips are basically identical on my 2 mags and his measured out differently than my 2 in many spots, some larger and some smaller. I really couldn't believe I got 2 mags that did the same exact thing. Called Kel tec and they are sending me 2 new mags.

2. Holiday009

Holiday009 Guest

With any luck the new mags will fix the problem, keep us posted !

3. BillK

BillK New Member

Jul 23, 2007
    I hope that the new mags and the break-in with the new slide takes care of all your issues.

I've never gone more than 57 rounds without cleaning but I've read here at KTOG where others have shot more rounds in a single session without dirt induced failure.

4. Toney_D

Toney_D Active Member

Aug 14, 2010
    Oklahoma
    Sounds like a mag problem to me. Hope the new one fixes it for you.