Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, been watching the forums for the past couple of weeks. First before I got my new p3at and then after for info on how to make it work properly. I have to say this is one of the most well organized forums I have seen in a long time.

So far when I open her up I could see the machine marks on the ramp but it felt smooth so I will wait until I can take to the range and try to feed a couple of different types of ammo. I have read that a lot of the recent 2nd gen owners are able to shoot without needing the "Rampectomy" That is if I can find any decently priced ammo down in SFL.

Ordered an extra mag and two +1 mag extensions from keltec and should be getting my glaco pocket holster in the mail today.

Thought about painting the sights and IWB holster since that is how I am used to carrying.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
BillK said:
Welcome!

IMHO your P3AT is a great choice for pocket carry. Did you find it difficult to choose the P3AT over the other 380s now available?

Take care...

Yes, I was dead set on getting the 3AT until they showed me the sig 238 then I really had a hard time deciding only that it was alot more expensive cause it had the rose grips. Plus I had also not done the research.

Finally found ammo this weekend "wwb" and got a box of Hornady JHP will be hitting up the range this week so I can finally carry. Don’t want to be walking around without tested ammo or gun for that matter.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
So I took it to the range today for the first time.

100 rds and the only issue that I had was that the +1 mag would not seat properly without a little jiggle. After a while i got used to it. I read around the forum and saw that simple file down of the mag plate will resolve the issue.

Other than that I was quite impressed with accuracy and handle of the gun.

+1 for the Keltec P3AT

Though my hand did not feel sore I do see my self adding the houge grip to it, so that it would add a little more enjoyment to the shotting process. Also I think some paint on the sights will help get on target quicker.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
VectorFL said:
I've read on various sites the complaints about carrying a .380. It may not have the punch of a 45 or 357, but I feel absolutely confident this little gun will do the job if it ever comes to crunch time.    

While the 357 and 45 are better at stopping power and wound size, I feel like if I find my self in a situation where I need more than 6 or 7 rounds of a 380 than I probably have bigger problems than needing just one handgun.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.