Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got the replacement... Guide rod hole looks real thin, just like the last one. I will use the washer because I don't want to risk it, and it acts as a recoil buffer (IMHO). KT sent a note saying they don't recommend using Blazer Ammo (I assume because of chamber and extraction wear) I stripped the old one and the one they sent had everything on it so now I have a few spare parts. KT even sent a new guide rod and springs.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
115 Posts
I was hoping to hear positive news about a new slide coming out of kt. A lot of people on this forum are convinced that kt resolved the peening slide issue. I don't believe it for a minute. You really shouldn't use the washer according to kt. I would shoot it and send it back if it peens. I have 200 rounds through my third slide and it is beginning to peen. I just use it for carry now and do not shoot it anymore. When kt gets the slides right, I will send mine back for replacement.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,189 Posts
barnettbill, at this point, i think it is whatever they have laying around...

pf-9's with p-11 barrels, again

slides that still have issues.

i just do not know any more. i know they will pry the remaining 380's I have from me under death....they are not going back under any circumstances. that is why I got rid of my last 2.
>:(
 
G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I figure that I will use the washer for now and when it gets colder here and I start carrying my Glock again, I will take the washer out and let her peen. Maybee they will have it sorted out by then.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,989 Posts
Vette said:
I was hoping to hear positive news about a new slide coming out of kt. A lot of people on this forum are convinced that kt resolved the peening slide issue. I don't believe it for a minute. You really shouldn't use the washer according to kt. I would shoot it and send it back if it peens. I have 200 rounds through my third slide and it is beginning to peen. I just use it for carry now and do not shoot it anymore. When kt gets the slides right, I will send mine back for replacement.

No practice with a defensive firearm is really bad news IMO.
Like rj mine won't be returned either.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
30 Posts
KT s position on the slide peening issue behooves me.
The P-3AT is a nice little gun.
Wouldn`t it be more cost effective to ream the guide rod spring area a leave more metal in that area for strength, than deal with returned slides?.
???
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
115 Posts
Rubb said:
No practice with a defensive firearm is really bad news IMO.
Like rj mine won't be returned either.
I've had plenty of practice as kt had to replace my first P3-AT which I put about 300-400 rounds through it. My second one has 200 rounds through it and i consider it broken in.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,989 Posts
Vette said:
I've had plenty of practice as kt had to replace my first P3-AT which I put about 300-400 rounds through it. My second one has 200 rounds through it and i consider it broken in.

I should have said "regular practice" not a slam to you Vette.
You should not fear shooting your guns for fear of them breaking down when needed.....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
115 Posts
Rubb said:
 

I should have said "regular practice" not a slam to you Vette.
You should not fear shooting your guns for fear of them breaking down when needed.....
No problem Rubb. You are right about regular practice. I may shoot a couple of mags through my p3at when I take my PX4 to the range. Don't want to ruin my p3at that is broken in and working fine.
 
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top