Got my new hammer blocks in the mail today

Discussion in 'P-3AT' started by neknraw, Oct 1, 2008.

1. neknraw

neknraw New Member

Feb 5, 2008
    I received the new hammer blocks in the mail today for both my P3AT and the PF9. Great service and fast shipping..just ordered them by phone Friday. Now if I can just figure how to install them. I know there is some help on this forum somewhere but haven't had time to search yet. How about an installation video? Is there one? Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks

2. alamo

alamo New Member

Sep 12, 2004
    Curious to know what they charged for the new hammer blocks?

3. neknraw

neknraw New Member

Feb 5, 2008
    Curious to know what they charged for the new hammer blocks? ..... No charge just a thank you and a smile

4. DaveNC

DaveNC Active Member

Mar 7, 2008
    I received mine Friday for my P3AT and installed it this weekend. It's real easy if you take your time and watch how things are disassembled.

If you can disassemble your pistol for cleaning you can change out the hammer block. Just pay close attention to the way things are assembled.

5. neknraw

neknraw New Member

Feb 5, 2008
    Thanks to all for the great help and suggestions.  I installed the hammer blocks in both guns today, not to bad of a job.  The first one (PF9) I had a lot of problems indexing the hammer block to the hammer, finally realized with better lighting that the hammer block needed to be pushed further forward then I had thought.   I was able to see the hammer block under the hammer to make sure they were properly engaged.  The second (P3AT) went much faster, part of the reason was it has the grey grip giving these old eyes better contrast.  Now to go to the range to check my workmanship.

Just got back from the range, everything worked as it should..no problems. I actually think the triggers are smoother on each gun now.

6. onapar

onapar New Member

Oct 30, 2004
    hey old seabee i to am an old seabee midway Island 1954 ande the proud owner of a p3at 2nd gen.

7. neknraw

neknraw New Member

Feb 5, 2008

Once a SEABEE always a SEABEE.  Thanks for your service.  I had a couple of tours in Vietnam.  I am also proud to own my P3AT and PF9 both guns have had all the latest updates installed and run like a top.  I just installed a CTC laser on the little guy, now it is complete.  I hope to pick up a couple more P3AT's this weekend at a local gun show for Christmas gifts for our two sons.  They are now getting hard to find (guns not the sons).

8. Cortty

Cortty New Member

Aug 9, 2008
  9. carmike442

carmike442 New Member

Sep 14, 2004
    I've had a new one in my desk drawer for a couple of weeks now. Time to get off my lazy butt and get it installed.

10. Cortty

Cortty New Member

Aug 9, 2008
    I was putting it off also, then I short stroked the trigger at the range and I knew it had to be done.

11. unisonic12

unisonic12 New Member

Oct 30, 2008
    I just went ahead and got another grip with it already installed. :cool:

12. voigts

voigts New Member

Sep 30, 2008
    I just bought mine a month ago and did the above test and the trigger doesn't go back. Thanks for the instructions on how to check. Thankfully I don't even have to mess with getting the new hammer block.