Got my DeSantis Super Fly Today

Discussion in 'P-3AT' started by keninaz, Jun 12, 2008.

1. keninaz

keninaz New Member

Feb 21, 2008
    I had the Nemesis for sometime but it printed in my blue jeans in the front pocket.
    The Super Fly is a redesigned holster which releases the P3AT even easier and has a velcro attached panel for the front of it that is removable if you don't want it.
    Just right for me.
    Here are some pix~~

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. PshootR

PshootR Banned

Apr 1, 2005
    Looks nice!
    When you use it in your front pocket with the optional panel velcroed in place do you find that it is too thick? I read somewhere that a fella found that holster + gun + panel = too thick a package in his pocket.

3. keninaz

keninaz New Member

Feb 21, 2008
    No, but I am 230# and I don't wear my pants real tight either.
    The Nemesis prints too much. This just softens that up.

4. powwowell

powwowell Active Member

Apr 15, 2007
    With the panel on, have you tried it as a wallet holster? It looks like this might be a good "convertible" front pocket and wallet holster.

5. keninaz

keninaz New Member

Feb 21, 2008
    No I have not.
    It is thicker than my wallet though.
    It's not any bigger to speak of, just thicker.
    The panel moves out of the way very easy and the P3AT comes out easy.
    It comes out easier and seems to stay put better than the Nemesis (it's not bad either) does as with the panel it's a little larger and conforms more to the size of my front pocket.

6. keninaz

keninaz New Member

Feb 21, 2008
    OK, I put the P3AT in the Nemesis and in my pants and took a pix using the timer. Here is that shot with my leg just coming forward as if walking.

[​IMG]

And here is the Super Fly with the P3AT, same pants and such or as close as I can get it. You be the judge.

[​IMG]

7. BillK

BillK New Member

Jul 23, 2007
    Hi,

Thanks for your report on the Super Fly. Could you posibly post several more pictures? I'd really like to see how thick it is next to your wallet. Also, some photos of it in your front pocket, with the panel in place, standing and sitting and maybe the same two shots with your wallet in the same pocket. I guess it is forward of me to be asking so much but the pics would really help me make a decision about the holster. BTW, I use the standard Nemisis but would really like a holster that would print even less.

Thanks again...

8. keninaz

keninaz New Member

Feb 21, 2008
    OK, Give me 10 minutes or so to take some more pix and I will post them here.
    Warning though, my wife says I have no but so your results may differ.

9. BillK

BillK New Member

Jul 23, 2007
    Oops! Just noticed more pics after posting above. Still like to see it next to your wallet and how your wallet looks in the front pocket.

Take care...

10. keninaz

keninaz New Member

Feb 21, 2008
    OK, I tried it in my back pocket. In the pants I am wearing (Wranglers) it does not fit into the pocket well as the pocket to too narrow and the coating on the DeSantis tried to stick going in. It's a good thing I did not buy it to fit in the back pocket.
    I took these pix of the Superfly next to my wallet which is small by some standards for your comparison.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. BillK

BillK New Member

Jul 23, 2007
    Thank you. Just measured my Nemesis against my tri-fold wallet and find they are just about the same thickness. Looks like the anti-print panel would add another 1/8" to the thickness. Seems as though anyone, except those of us who carry, would be clueless as to what might be in the front pocket using the Super Fly with panel.

Take care...

12. Curt32

Curt32 New Member

Feb 24, 2007
    Say Keninaz how does it feel in your front pocket does it feel bulky think I might have to get one of these what's the best price you can find one at. Thinks

Tom j.

13. keninaz

keninaz New Member

Feb 21, 2008
    I got mine from Midway USA. They shipped it fast too.
    I had to pay more for shipping as the order was under $25 or so but it ran some $31.
    Still cheaper than the leather versions.

14. gabink

gabink New Member

Aug 27, 2007
    I’m really paranoid about holster “print” so I modified my Super Fly with a small foam pad.  Not Styrofoam.  Here’s some pix.  It’s primitive but it adds no overall thickness and eliminates even the very slight print when pants are pulled tight when sitting or squatting for example.
    (Just because I’m paranoid doesn’t mean nobody’s after me.)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

15. JFB

JFB New Member

Jul 25, 2005
    I think it is time for another order of nachos at walmarts ;D

16. BillK

BillK New Member

Jul 23, 2007
      Your idea will work very well with just a regular Nemesis. Someone already mentioned using a folded hankerchief, I've done that and even a folded paper towel a few times. 90%+ of the time there are no issues with the regular Nemesis but every once in awhile there's a pair of pants where the material just allows for more printing then I'm totally comfortable with - other pants will allow me to even carry a Glock 26/27 (I have a 26) with little or no printing.

Maybe just have to make my own holster. Basicly looking for a softish, rounded edge box pocket holster. What's that, a Blackberry in your pocket?

Take care...

17. cybertek

cybertek New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    I couldn't get the SuperFly to work for me, it was just too big. It was to wide and tall for my work pants and just felt/looked weird in my pocket. I use the Elite pocket holster and it prints very little. I don't think anyone is starring at my pocket anyway.

18. adamsesq

adamsesq New Member

Dec 25, 2006
    "No I am not weird or trying to be intrusive, I am just wondering what model Kel Tec that is in your pocket..." :D

-Scott

19. Checker4Tix

Checker4Tix Well-Known Member

Aug 6, 2007
    That's funny! I haven't heard anyone talking about "getting their nachos" in forever. BTW, like so many others I got my first nachos at Wal-Mart - with my P3AT! I've been wanting to go get some super nachos and strap on all the hardware I can hide. I think I have the gear to hide abour 6-7 pistols pretty well. Might weigh about 15 pounds, though.

To the O.P.: I've been a big fan of the Nemesis in the past. I had an Armalaser, but decided that a laser is really not my style so I returned it. My Armalaser modified Nemesis did not print as a gun at all. It was squarish, much like the super-fly. Now that I have gone back to just a plain 3AT in a "regular" Nemesis I notice the printing more. Worse, some of the jeans I wear regularly are starting to show wear patterns around the edges of the holster. I'm getting a "Scoal Ring" in the shape of a P3AT. Egad! Not sure what I'm going to do about it yet, but the super-fly is an option. It just seems kind of thick with the extra panel in place. Nice looking holster, though.

Now, go get yourself some nachos!