Got my 3AT today-love it-dumb question

Discussion in 'P-3AT' started by tomwalshco, Sep 25, 2009.

1. tomwalshco

tomwalshco New Member

Aug 29, 2009
    My trigger won't engage unless I rack the slide manually or the action of firing does it. Didn't notice it on the range today when I ran 50 rounds through flawlessly. I was counting my rounds so I didn't dry fire it. But after getting home and cleaning it, then putting in a snap cap, I noticed it. Did I do something wrong, or is this normal mode?

After revisiting the disassembly/assembly instructions I noticed the ejector is supposed to come out during disassembly, which didn't and won't come out. The ejector is a piece that the casing bouncing off of in the ejection cycle? right? Help.

TW

2. JFB

JFB New Member

Jul 25, 2005
    welcome to KTOG
    1) you MUST reset the hammer after it falls for the trigger to work. when using snap caps all you need to do is pull the slide back about 1/4" to reset the hammer

2) the ejector is the steel insert in the aluminum frame rails that the extracting spent case rim contacts to knock the case outward. Several others have posted thiers is hard to remove and maybe it is a design improvement since KT was getting lots and lots of calls for replacements (the joke was KT only made a few and the things would "runaway" back home).

3. longbeard48

longbeard48 New Member

Aug 31, 2009
  4. tomwalshco

tomwalshco New Member

Aug 29, 2009
    Thanks a bunch, J. Just tried it and that's the ticket. Just wanted to make sure I didn't eff something up when I took it apart. I'm used to just cranking the trigger on my P11 with a cap in it.

I love this thing. Alternated with my P11 every magazine on the range and was considerably more accurate with the little guy. Must be the trigger pull...

Another interesting note. The only thing I don't like is the sight. I was asking the crew behind the counter about improvements and the owner chimed in (a lady) and said go get some neon glow nail polish at Walgreens and put a tiny dot on the front sight. Did it, big improvement. There's even a little groove in that front sight that captures the polish perfectly. Thanks again.

5. abuck50

abuck50 New Member

Aug 21, 2008
    NW Ohio
    Lots of guys paint their sights. I put a laser on mine. This gun is no target pistol. It was mainly designed for close-in point shooting. I feel my laser has really improved my accuracy. It is a super trainging aid.

Craig

6. tomwalshco

tomwalshco New Member

Aug 29, 2009
    After messing around with nail polish, which was lacking in opacity, I tried appliance touch-up paint which dries hard as nails and is very visible. I got the bottle that looks like Whiteout and is made by Rustoleum. Works great. $2.99 at Walmart.

7. Dugger

Dugger New Member

Jun 9, 2009
    I just put a spot of whiteout on mine at work oneday. that was 3 months ago and is my dailey carry in a wallet holster and the white out is still there :D