Got Another P3AT..Sweet Deal...Now What?

Discussion in 'P-3AT' started by mxitman, Oct 20, 2008.

1. mxitman

mxitman New Member

Apr 2, 2008
    Well a friend from work called me this weekend and told me he got a DUI on Friday night and he was looking to sell a few items to get some cash. I told him I was kind of strapped due to the remodel I'm doing on my house right now. He offered me a few items...Shotgun... Rem 870 which I already have 2 of and a little .22 pistol, can't remember the model and some power tools.

Unfortunately I told him again I only had $150-$175 that I could spare right now. He had just bought a Parkerized 2nd Gen P3AT probably 4-6 months ago and didn't want to part with it since he was carrying everyday, he called me this morning and told me I could have it for $180...

So I bought it. It's sweet... I don't think he has shot it much,very little wear other than from the ankle holster he had it in. I got home cleaned it up and it practically looks brand new, better than my blued one. I told a friend I got another one and he wanted to buy it from me and offered $240 for it, but for now I think I'm going to keep it even though I could only carry 1 of them. Plus it came with the original box,papers,case and an extra mag with finger rest. What would you guys do?

2. adamsesq

adamsesq New Member

Dec 25, 2006
    I'd find out more about the .22! And figure you already got a heck of a deal, two should be better!!!!! Good job.

-Scott

3. 99ncxj

99ncxj New Member

Aug 28, 2007
    the 870 too... You can never have to many 870's. I wish I had never gotten rid of mine. That is the ultimate home defense gun.

4. JFB

JFB New Member

Jul 25, 2005
    :-/

5. jpaul

jpaul Member

Apr 23, 2008
    I would borrow some money and get the rest of his guns. With the DUI he probably aint gonna be able to carry (legally) any more.
    Selling the .380 for that price is a quick way to make a buck if you don't need the thing. I find I can't shoot more than one at a time anyways.

Good deal you got there by the way.

6. voigts

voigts New Member

Sep 30, 2008
    You got an awesome deal for a parkerized at $180. For that price, you could always spend another $35 + shipping and get it nickel plated if you want to.

7. mxitman

mxitman New Member

Apr 2, 2008
    I would get more...but the P3at is a little easier to hide from the Wife. She knows what I have in the safe. I just called him this morning to see how things are going... And The .22 is a Taurus PT22... So I'm not interested in that. The Shotgun has been sold he told me, one of the other guys from work got it for $200.

I can't wait to take it to the range and see how it shoots. My blued one I got a couple of months after they came out with the 2nd gen's It shoots pretty good and haven't had too many issues with it. I'm the guy who cut into his slide to put in the tritium capsules. Still going strong and looks good. Everyone who see's it and has a P3AT wants it done.

Thanks... I think I'm going to keep it. I don't think I would be able to find one like this for $240 so why sell it for that. :)